• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

British Open

madskier6

If I had a few million on the line and a chance to win one of golf's four biggest tournaments, I might slam clubs down too if I had performed as badly as Tiger did. I think there is a big difference between being a sore loser and being pissed off at yourself for sub-par performance. This is par for the course for most pro athletes. As long as he is just slamming clubs down and not throwing them and being dangerous to other people, I say who cares. He should be pissed at himself.

I agree with you somewhat except that I don't see other players behaving like Tiger. I know I never saw Jack Nicklaus doing it in his heyday when he didn't perform well. Plus, he was a class act when he lost.

He handled himself like a champion when he lost the Duel in the Sun to Watson in 1977 at Turnberry. Congratulated him & they walked off the green together as friends. Jack relished the competition & I'm sure inside he was pissed that he lost but he didn't show it.

campgottagopee

Good show by Watson, I think the entire universe was pulling for him....I just wish he would've made a bolder putt on 18, that was a lame attempt to win the Championship. Congrats to Stewart Cink---the dude handled that entire situation as a true professional.

drjeff

Good show by Watson, I think the entire universe was pulling for him....I just wish he would've made a bolder putt on 18, that was a lame attempt to win the Championship. Congrats to Stewart Cink---the dude handled that entire situation as a true professional.

Agreed! I think if there had to be a "spoiler" to Watson's performance, Cink is probably one of only a handfull of guys out there who could have done it with such class and at the same time admiration from his peers! I still though think that unlike in many instances, the winner of the '09 Open Championship won't be remembered as much as who finished 2nd

campgottagopee

Agreed! I think if there had to be a "spoiler" to Watson's performance, Cink is probably one of only a handfull of guys out there who could have done it with such class and at the same time admiration from his peers! I still though think that unlike in many instances, the winner of the '09 Open Championship won't be remembered as much as who finished 2nd

True and sad at the same time

campgottagopee

You know, the more I think about it.....what Watson did is truly amazing. It's equal to Michael Phelps winning a Silver at 59....Hermann Maier coming in 2nd at the World Cup finals---those things aint't gonna happen.

FRITOLAYGUY

You know, the more I think about it.....what Watson did is truly amazing. It's equal to Michael Phelps winning a Silver at 59....Hermann Maier coming in 2nd at the World Cup finals---those things aint't gonna happen.

It just goes to show ya it doesnt matter how strong u are etc, golf is a 6inch wide fairway always will be.