• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arcadia Management Area, RI 7-18-09

drjeff

Made the about 35 minute drive from my house "across the border" to the Arcadia Managment Area off Route 165 in RI today. This is a massive (14,000+ acre) area just over the CT/RI border with alot of miles of trails.

Being a MTB newbie, and my first time on this big piece of land, I spent my first hour or so (roughly 12 miles) just riding a bunch of the semi-maintained gravel/dirt roads that criss-cross the property to get a feel for the place. Literally every 1/4 mile or so, there's some ST that heads off into the woods from the main work roads(Even with a detailed map, I highly doubt that I could remember the names of the trails - if they have an actual name! or some of them are even on a map!) Had a couple of "Oh Sh$t!" moments, but I'm starting to realize that those often make it more fun from time to time!

Total mileage per the garmin was 20.17. Definately won't be the last time I ride there! :)