• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

7/19/09 K-town DH'ing

sLoPeS

Back from another SICK day DH'ing at the K-tissle. Trails were much drier than tuesday and better weather (top of K1 at around 1pm on tuesday was reading 46*........get the guns out!). Took about 5 laps today. Hit cable trail a bunch, trail 6, 7 to 11 is killer. top of 7 has some bermalicious turns. ditched the bikes and hiked up to the peak before one last decent on the hill. had to book it to the bottom, but had to hit 31 on the way home, super good stuff. btw, hit lower 6 for a cool rock feature, cough, cough. grabbed a new stinky from the shop. awesome bike and a great ride for DH'ing at K, highly recommend it. some other highlights today, but if i told you, well, id have to kill you....8)

powhunter

Nice!! Was there a lot of people riding this weekend?? I gotta try to get up there at some point this year....Thats the way to go just renting one of those konas...See anything being done on the mtn other than brush cutting?? I envy ya living up at K=living the dream...

steveo

sLoPeS

Nice!! Was there a lot of people riding this weekend?? I gotta try to get up there at some point this year....Thats the way to go just renting one of those konas...See anything being done on the mtn other than brush cutting?? I envy ya living up at K=living the dream...

steveo

not a lot of people riding, but lots of people around the mtn hiking and taking rides up to the peak. didnt go to any of the wine festival events so i dont know how busy that got, but the access road had some movement. not too much happening. they re-routed part of great eastern around the stash and another section near cruise control. some snowmaking pipe work getting done. saw them painting the inside of some gondi's the other day.....sick.

bvibert

Staff member
Sounds like moving up to K was a bad idea. You'll be back down here in CT soon enough.