• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot fitting

davehor

I know there are probably umpteen thousand forums with this topic, but none that have specifically helped me.
After battling bad fitting boots the last couple of seasons, and now that I'm living in Austria I wanted to buy a new pair seeing as how the boots are really cheap in comparision to the US.
My question was, are there any ski boot manufacturers out there that make a boot for a thin foot, what I mean by that is a foot that is long, not wide and with a short(heigth) instep. Most of the shoes I've tried on in the last week, have just been too roomy in front, if I shorten up then my toes have no place to go and the boot is still too roomy, I've tried X-waves, Atomic's M11 and Nordica's Beast. Is there any boot out there with low volume in the forefoot, but that's also comfortable.
Thanks in advance

Talisman

Lange, used to have the reputation of being the boot for thinner feet. I have wide feet and high arches and Langes don't work for me. You may want to consider going to a boot fitter to measure your feet and review the best fitting options for you.

I bit the bullet and got custom made boots a few years ago and wished I had gone this route earlier. Off the shelf boots were a compromise for me and the custom boots fit perfectly, comfortable and warm.

bigbog

davehor,
Hit Epicski.com, do some searches....several dedicated threads over the last year+.
1)Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 130(has been one of the hottest among some patrollers I know...East & West)
2)Dolomite Pro Z 130
3)Tecnica Diablo Magnesium(Hyperfit)
4)Many Langes
5)Several Heads
6)Salomon Course models

In SKIING magazine's 06' GearGuide(P140) has a partial listing(whole page) of their boot fit chart. They're usually pretty close on most of the boot descriptions...but not 100%;-)(as usual)