• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WARP -- had heart attack /open heart surgery

WJenness

Warp, glad to hear things are back in check!

I'd love to check out whiteface sometime late in the season as well...

Let's start planning something... An official Alpinezone late season party...
4/9 & 4/10? Friday and Saturday? Just throwing it out there, any date this far out would probably work for me.

-w

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Warp, glad to hear things are back in check!

I'd love to check out whiteface sometime late in the season as well...

Let's start planning something... An official Alpinezone late season party...
4/9 & 4/10? Friday and Saturday? Just throwing it out there, any date this far out would probably work for me.

-w

Make it an official Warp day and I'm in. :)

Warp Daddy

YOU guys ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!! willing to ski the easier stuff withthe old man . I'd insist tthat u all go anf ski the stuff of legends at Whiteface after a run or two with the Warpster :D Hell coming that far u gotta get the whole Whiteface experience and not be hung up with the old dude .

I'll be sure to ask my cardiac surgery team about this next Wed when i meet them Syracuse ,

My first order od BIDNESS is to find out what caused this latest episode and where do we go from here

I'd really enjoy meeting you all ---but u already KNOW that

WJenness

Andy,

Done.

I'll post something in T&E later (on my way out the door).

See you guys at WF in April!!!

-w

Trekchick

DOC You are simply one of the BEST !!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your sage counsel

THE GREAT NEWS was finally at 7:30 last nite after 8 hrs the pulse rate hit 71 e.g. at 6:30 it was 128

several readings were in the hi 60's --low 70's

THIS MORNING as i took YOUR advice and looked at The Queen the pulse was 60 !!!!!!!! so its been under control for 14 hrs now ,

I'll let the pros figure out what was driving it for now im just thankful it s under control and for friends like you and others here on AZ as well as other friends in our loop
I'd post the test picture to see how your heart rate is now, but just in case you want a controlled environment, I'll just post the link. :D

http://forums.alpinezone.com/447966-post103.html

highpeaksdrifter

Wow with all the Whiteface love here we should get HPD to get us ALL together up there late in the season OF COURSE u guys will have to CARRY the old man here i'm not cleared to ski yet but expect to get an ok hopefully but was told to stay outta the fall line and ski easy -------that'll be a huge change not sure i can honr that recommendation :D

That would be great, I'd really be into that. Have to do a special Warp Daddy tailgate party together, out to dinner after....I have some other ideas too. I'll do anything you guys want to make it special for Warp.

Sky

Sorry for failing to see this earlier (like...July!).

Congrats on the luck AND the super health care!!

Spooky about your med history and lifestyle to have this happen.

Some things you count on..like taking care of yourself and doing the right things/eating the right things.

I didn't read he entire thread...so maybe here are updates I'm missing.

Hope all is well (or better than well) and that your lifesyle (to include skiing) are back on course!

Wow with all the Whiteface love here we should get HPD to get us ALL together up there late in the season OF COURSE u guys will have to CARRY the old man here i'm not cleared to ski yet but expect to get an ok hopefully but was told to stay outta the fall line and ski easy -------that'll be a huge change not sure i can honr that recommendation :D

I'd try to make it..I haven't skied Iceface since 1997 maybe I'd carpool with Root..

Moe Ghoul

Some WF stoke of seasons past

Good to hear you're geting better and stronger Warp. A spring session at WF this season would be pretty sweet. Here's a few shots from season's past at WF. :daffy:

Last edited:

WJenness

Bump...

How goes the recovery Warp? They clear you to play a few holes before the courses start closing shop?

-w

Warp Daddy

It's going pretty well , still doing Cardio rehab 3 days /week plus 3 mile walks on off days . , All vitals looking good AND MY WEIGHT IS SUPER

, Still have some very minor ache WHICH IS NORMAL

but bcuz the breastbone is actually WIRED back together and the incision is glued.. Some say its pretty sensitive to cold . it takes about a year for the chest and leg incision to totally heal -- WE'LL SEE .

Haven't been on the golf course yet -- but been hitting shots. One doc said it would be ok to play . I see the other one this wed . I 'm sure its ok but i frankly am in no hurry to rush it and may bide my time till ski season starts just continuing my 3 /days week gym workouts -- we'll see .

Thanks for asking

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
It's going pretty well , still doing Cardio rehab 3 days /week plus 3 mile walks on off days . , All vitals looking good AND MY WEIGHT IS SUPER

, Still have some very minor ache WHICH IS NORMAL

but bcuz the breastbone is actually WIRED back together and the incision is glued.. Some say its pretty sensitive to cold . it takes about a year for the chest and leg incision to totally heal -- WE'LL SEE .

Haven't been on the golf course yet -- but been hitting shots. One doc said it would be ok to play . I see the other one this wed . I 'm sure its ok but i frankly am in no hurry to rush it and may bide my time till ski season starts just continuing my 3 /days week gym workouts -- we'll see .

Thanks for asking
3 miles? Seems to me just a few weeks back you were only walking a few blocks.

Fanstastic recovery
indeed!