• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WARP -- had heart attack /open heart surgery

Paul

Tough to add anything to all the good things that have been said by others...

Except.. ROCK-ON WARP!!!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Healing vibes Warp!

I had also assumed that you were busy with family. Relieved that you pulled through like a champ with so little damage.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Bummer man, glad you came through A OK. Good luck on your recovery. Be sure to follow everything your PT tells you :) Trust me, I know.

trtaylor

Warp,

Glad you came through in good shape. I had a heart attack in March of 2004. No by-pass, but have three stents now. My attack came suddenly and I did have a small amount of heart muscle damage.

I recovered well and the event has had zero negative impact on my quality of life.

Best of luck during your recovery period.

Tim

WoodCore

Crazy news Warp!

Glad you pulled through with flying colors and wish you nothing but the best in your recovery!

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery. As GSS said, we certainly are fortunate to live in a time where the technology is available to treat this. Take care of yourself.

mondeo

Damn, glad you made it through. I'm sure you'll be good to go once the snow starts falling (in September, up there...)

ComeBackMudPuddles

glad to hear things are going as well as can be expected. i don't think i could have peeled myself off of the course one hole after scoring a birdie. a wise move.

i realized i don't know much about the "warning signs", and did a little research. i hope i won't need to make use of this knowledge some day, but thanks in advance, just in case....

feel better.

19191.jpg

Trekchick

I didn't really notice you gone anywhere in particular except the golf thread and the British Open thread.

Your absence in those two threads was glaringly obvious, but the optimist in my figured you were off on an amazing adventure some where...

It would break my heart if something happened to you :(
Hope you're hitting long and straight soon!!
((hugs))

trtaylor

glad to hear things are going as well as can be expected. i don't think i could have peeled myself off of the course one hole after scoring a birdie. a wise move.

i realized i don't know much about the "warning signs", and did a little research. i hope i won't need to make use of this knowledge some day, but thanks in advance, just in case....

feel better.

19191.jpg

And if you're experiencing a heart attack, chew a single adult aspirin (325 mg) as soon as possible. This assumes you are not allergic to aspirin. It will help to minimize the clotting episode of the heart attack.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
WARP MY MAN! Sorry to hear of this , but thrilled you are on the optimistic track back. You know, you really need to cut out the high risk sports like golf and get back to something more low-key like skiing. :)
You never know what life is gonna spin for you, I know you live life to its fullest and enjoy it to the max. I am glad you are well. Let's hope the docs keep finding nothing but goodness! Godspeed!

Terry

Take care and do what the drs tell you. Glad to hear that you will be ok. That is scary shit.

Warp Daddy

Still feeling pretty good had lots of visitors here yesterday .and our kids n grandkids are here

My only issue is pulse rate is pretty high ( Somewhat normal after thisa kiond of thing ) so i can't exercise till it gfets down funny thing is my pulse beforehane ran 67-72 now i s damn near double -- but again it goes with the territory

Given my fitness level and beforehand anf and all vital signs being really GREAT -- This case is one that is baffling many including docs . I'm upbeat , positive , atuff old 66 yr old who still has HUGE desire to BURN out not RUST out

You are all one terrific group of folks THAT I TRULY enjoy , i'm blessed with many friends , a great family and YOU GUYS MY HOMIES for skiing s

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Warp

drjeff

Still feeling pretty good had lots of visitors here yesterday .and our kids n grandkids are here

My only issue is pulse rate is pretty high ( Somewhat normal after thisa kiond of thing ) so i can't exercise till it gfets down funny thing is my pulse beforehane ran 67-72 now i s damn near double -- but again it goes with the territory

Given my fitness level and beforehand anf and all vital signs being really GREAT -- This case is one that is baffling many including docs . I'm upbeat , positive , atuff old 66 yr old who still has HUGE desire to BURN out not RUST out

You are all one terrific group of folks THAT I TRULY enjoy , i'm blessed with many friends , a great family and YOU GUYS MY HOMIES for skiing s

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Warp

Now that's a post with alot of GREAT news in it! :)

I'll hit a couple of round white balls for 'ya this afternoon Warp! :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Glad to hear you're continuing to do well!

My father had a heart attack 4 years ago. No typical symptoms, just didn't feel right. Went to the ER (drove himself) and was stuck in triage waiting hell. Got up to leave and that's when it hit... he dropped dead on the ER floor. He was lucky it happened there. They revived him, put in a stent, and sent him to Hartford Hospital in Life Star (helicopter), where more stents were put in. He was awakened from the drug-induced coma on his 51st birthday.

You're already leagues ahead of where he was when he left the hospital. Keep up with what they tell you to do and you'll be fine. Best wishes!