• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nordica 2009/2010

Philpug

HR Pro Burner 126.84.112 - These are the dimensions for the Afterburner which is this years Jet Fuel CA

Hot Rod Fuel 124.78.108 - These are the dimensions for the Top Fuel which is this years Nitrous TI

Hot Rod 74 122.74.105 ? - the Mach 4 are 74 under foot and new this year, but they are a Speedmachine not a Hot Rod

All have the Cross Balance Integrated binding system (XBI)

Look Phil....lets go with a rose by any other name thing. I'm really glad you're down with Nordica.

LOL, These are the FLAT Hot Rods. NO, they do NOT have XBI bindings. You are absolutely right that they have the same dimensions as the other skis, I will scan in a picture and post it this evening. You might want to get out some condiments because you will be eating words. :lol:

highpeaksdrifter

LOL, These are the FLAT Hot Rods. NO, they do NOT have XBI bindings. You are absolutely right that they have the same dimensions as the other skis, I will scan in a picture and post it this evening. You might want to get out some condiments because you will be eating words. :lol:

Dude, you taking this like we're fighting about it. I'm not. If you have pictures please post them cause I'd love to see them. I don't get my new catalog until the Oct. meeting and I have not heard of any Hot Rods that are mounted flat for 09/10.

Looking forward to this evening, I'll have the beer and popcorn ready.

highpeaksdrifter

:beer:

You are right, I had not heard of these, but I just had a call returned with the info. They are new for this year and in the HR series. Good Call :beer:

I'd still like to see the pictures though.

Philpug

Dude, you taking this like we're fighting about it. I'm not. If you have pictures please post them cause I'd love to see them. I don't get my new catalog until the Oct. meeting and I have not heard of any Hot Rods that are mounted flat for 09/10.

Looking forward to this evening, I'll have the beer and popcorn ready.

LOL, not fighting at all. It was jsut that I knew I was right and you were not . :smash: ;-)

:beer:

You are right, I had not heard of these, but I just had a call returned with the info. They are new for this year and in the HR series. Good Call :beer:

I'd still like to see the pictures though.

Like I said, they ski real sweet, much better than the XBI skis. :spread:

I am not sure if I am going to buy a pair, but if Nordica has some sort of promo contest, the HR Burner Pro in a 178 will be my first choice.

Philpug

n540901137_3638879_5455622.jpg

Here are the FLAT..non XBI...Hot Rods. :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
what's Nordica got in the low 90's mid width for this season? I view that size as an east coast powder board with front side capabilities width.

highpeaksdrifter

Philpug

I skied the Helldiver and wasn't impressed, it is a tanker of a ski. Personally, I think there are better choices in that range than what Nordica has to offer, sorry.

highpeaksdrifter

I skied the Helldiver and wasn't impressed, it is a tanker of a ski. Personally, I think there are better choices in that range than what Nordica has to offer, sorry.

Everybody has an opinion, that's why they make so many skis. If you thought the Helldiver was a tank, i don't think you'd care much for the Hellcat. The TI makes them stiffer and not so easy to turn at slow speeds.

Alot of people like them though. I was standing at the base of the little WF chair when I saw these guys and axed them to stand together for a pic.

DSCI0012.jpg

This is Whitefacewilly he's happy with his.

DSCI0001_001.jpg

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I skied it as well when Nordica was doing a demo night at Blue. Completly wrong conditions to demo that ski, but what the heck, right?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I know you like your Jetfuels, how did the helldivers compare to them for you?
I really couldn't make a comparison. I've only skied the JetFuels once. When I demo'd the Helldivers, it was while night skiing at Blue...on solid ice.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch a better Nordica Demo this season. FWIW, I also ski in Speedmachine 12's. When I replace them, it will either be the 14 or the Technica Dragon 120. I'd be inclined to stick with the Speedmachiene, as it's been good to me.

highpeaksdrifter

I really couldn't make a comparison. I've only skied the JetFuels once. When I demo'd the Helldivers, it was while night skiing at Blue...on solid ice.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch a better Nordica Demo this season. FWIW, I also ski in Speedmachine 12's. When I replace them, it will either be the 14 or the Technica Dragon 120. I'd be inclined to stick with the Speedmachiene, as it's been good to me.

I'm thinking of going to the the SM 14s myself. I've mainly skied the Blowers the last 2 seasons, I love them, but they needed a ton of work to get right for my foot. My fitter says with the slightly bigger last in the SMs I'd have an easier time.

Did you get an end of season deal on your JFs?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm thinking of going to the the SM 14s myself. I've mainly skied the Blowers the last 2 seasons, I love them, but they needed a ton of work to get right for my foot. My fitter says with the slightly bigger last in the SMs I'd have an easier time.

Did you get an end of season deal on your JFs?
I had to get some work done as well. Blew out the left foot, right behind the 1st buckle quite a bit.

Got the JF's for $700 mounted, +tax.

FWIW, the HD was an ok ski, now that I've been thinking about it a little more. It's a demanding/rewarding ride. If you ski properly, the ski is very rewarding, where the JF covers up some of my bad habits better.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Let me know if you hear of a Nordica Demo, I'd definitely be interested.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Let me know if you hear of a Nordica Demo, I'd definitely be interested.
I totally stumbled upon it by accident. I went skiing one day after work, got to Blue and saw the Nordica demo tent set up and a Subie on the snow.

It wasn't even on Blue's website :(