• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nordica 2009/2010

Philpug

We just started getting our 09-10's in. If you liked the head Monster 78 and 82's, you will love new flat HR's.

Geoff

I actually like last years top sheet graphics better.

08/09 Hot Rod Jet Fuel
HotRodJetFuel.jpg

09/10 Hot Rod Jet Fuel
hr_pro_jet_fuel_ti.jpg

I'm sure that will change once I see them up close and personal :smile:

I skied a day on those last spring. They're a really nice medium radius carving ski. I had it on things like Outer Limits and Ovation and it had great edge hold on steeper terrain. I thought the 07-08 version was a little wimpy and skied a little short. I found myself overpowering it. That got fixed last year. I could happily ski the 08-09 ski as my eastern everyday ski though I'd be looking for something else with a little more surface area on a powder day. Somebody ligher than me might get tossed around in the bumps by that ski but it's a good choice for a bigger guy.

I still haven't been on the Rossi CX 80. That's the Rossi equivalent. Somebody broke the demo pair at my shop in my length and the shop never replaced them. I'd like to take both out and ski alternate runs on them. I'm looking for something in my quiver with a shorter turn radius. Everything I own is around 21 meters.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I skied a day on those last spring. They're a really nice medium radius carving ski. I had it on things like Outer Limits and Ovation and it had great edge hold on steeper terrain. I thought the 07-08 version was a little wimpy and skied a little short. I found myself overpowering it. That got fixed last year. I could happily ski the 08-09 ski as my eastern everyday ski though I'd be looking for something else with a little more surface area on a powder day. Somebody ligher than me might get tossed around in the bumps by that ski but it's a good choice for a bigger guy.

I still haven't been on the Rossi CX 80. That's the Rossi equivalent. Somebody broke the demo pair at my shop in my length and the shop never replaced them. I'd like to take both out and ski alternate runs on them. I'm looking for something in my quiver with a shorter turn radius. Everything I own is around 21 meters.
I only skied them one day also and I was really enjoying the edge hold. I was going around in circles (in my head) on going 170 or 178. One of the K locals told me that he thought I'd be happier on the 170 so that's what I went with. I can't wait to see how they float on a powder day.

I think they are very close in spec to the AC50s you just picked up.

Philpug

The CS80, HR Pro and AC50, although on paper look similar, ski quite different.