• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nordica 2009/2010

Philpug

Where is the HR Pro (non) XBI?

No Hot Rod boots either.

highpeaksdrifter

No Hellcats?

The Hellcats are now the Helldiver TI. Nordica has made 2 skis, each with the same dimensions for some time, one with 2 sheets of titanium and one without the metal.
Hellcat – Helldiver, Jet Fuel – Afterburner, Top Fuel – Nitrous.

Now they’ll have the Helldiver TI and the Helldiver CA, Jet Fuel TI and the Jet Fuel CA, etc. The TI designates the Titanium.

Same great skis, just trying to make it less confussing when buying.

highpeaksdrifter

Where is the HR Pro (non) XBI?

No Hot Rod boots either.

All Hot Rod skis get the XBI binding system, it’s better technology. The binding system isn’t on top of the ski its actually built into the top frame of the ski that gives you a direct integrated connection to the ski for better flex and control.

The HR boot series is alive and well. The link I posted is a preview, the Nordica website should be fully updated soon.

Philpug

All Hot Rod skis get the XBI binding system, it’s better technology. The binding system isn’t on top of the ski its actually built into the top frame of the ski that gives you a direct integrated connection to the ski for better flex and control.
No NOT all HR's have the XBI system for 09-10. Nordica is offering 3 "flat" Hot Rods next season, 74,78 and 84mm. I am very familiar with what the XBI system does. While it might be a better technology, (IMHO) the flat skis ski better, significantly better.

The HR boot series is alive and well. The link I posted is a preview, the Nordica website should be fully updated soon.

They have all the info on the HR boots and the above mentioned HR skis, why not put it in their preview, this is information they have had since SIA back in January.

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
They do rock, great ski.
Yeah, I really didn't fully explore their potential. I got them in April for a great price and skied on them 1 day at Stratton. 4" of snow overnight, which quickly turned into crud. Around 11am the sun came out and everything turned into corn (hmmmmm corn).

They didn't miss a beat. Ok, I'm really jonesing now.:snow:

highpeaksdrifter

No NOT all HR's have the XBI system for 09-10. Nordica is offering 3 "flat" Hot Rods next season, 74,78 and 84mm. I am very familiar with what the XBI system does. While it might be a better technology, (IMHO) the flat skis ski better, significantly better.

REALLY, that's news to me. As far as I know the skis mounted flat are free ride in the Supercharcher series not the Hot Rod.

Please tell me the names of the 3 you mentioned. I'll have to get info on them.

Last edited:

highpeaksdrifter

Yeah, I really didn't fully explore their potential. I got them in April for a great price and skied on them 1 day at Stratton. 4" of snow overnight, which quickly turned into crud. Around 11am the sun came out and everything turned into corn (hmmmmm corn).

They didn't miss a beat. Ok, I'm really jonesing now.:snow:

Yeah, those big tips where bustin thru those crud piles like they where not even there right? The Jet Fuels are very versitle, when you're skiing them front side on hard pack you will love there edge hold and they are an extremely fast ski for the all mountain catagory. You need to bring them up to speed to get the most out of them.

My oldest son skied them last year and loved them to death. He bugged me to come up with a demo pair for him end of season. They're such a hot ski I couldn't get a pair in the length he wanted. He's going to get a new pair in Oct.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Yeah, those big tips where bustin thru those crud piles like they where not even there right? The Jet Fuels are very versitle, when you're skiing them front side on hard pack you will love there edge hold and they are an extremely fast ski for the all mountain catagory. You need to bring them up to speed to get the most out of them.

My oldest son skied them last year and loved them to death. He bugged me to come up with a demo pair for him end of season. They're such a hot ski I couldn't get a pair in the length he wanted. He's going to get a new pair in Oct.
It was fantastic. Real nice in the corn as well. Great way for me to end my 08/09 season.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
highpeaksdrifter, now that both skis have been out for awhile, how would you compare the Jet Fuels to the Hellcats? I know you were raving about the Hellcats when they first came out.

Philpug

REALLY, that's news to me. As far as I know the skis mounted flat are free ride in the Supercharcher series not the Hot Rod.

Please tell me the names of the 3 you mentioned. I'll have to get info on them.

HR Pro Burner 126.84.112
Hot Rod Fuel 124.78.108
Hot Rod 74 122.74.105

All ski real sweet and are replacing Head Monsters (PeakSeries) on our wall. They ski better than the Heads and are about $75-100.00 less. I am real tempted to get the HR Pro for myself if I didn't like the Blizzard 8.7 as much.

highpeaksdrifter

HR Pro Burner 126.84.112
Hot Rod Fuel 124.78.108
Hot Rod 74 122.74.105

All ski real sweet and are replacing Head Monsters (PeakSeries) on our wall. They ski better than the Heads and are about $75-100.00 less. I am real tempted to get the HR Pro for myself if I didn't like the Blizzard 8.7 as much.

HR Pro Burner 126.84.112 - These are the dimensions for the Afterburner which is this years Jet Fuel CA

Hot Rod Fuel 124.78.108 - These are the dimensions for the Top Fuel which is this years Nitrous TI

Hot Rod 74 122.74.105 ? - the Mach 4 are 74 under foot and new this year, but they are a Speedmachine not a Hot Rod

All have the Cross Balance Integrated binding system (XBI)

Look Phil....lets go with a rose by any other name thing. I'm really glad you're down with Nordica.

highpeaksdrifter

highpeaksdrifter, now that both skis have been out for awhile, how would you compare the Jet Fuels to the Hellcats? I know you were raving about the Hellcats when they first came out.

My take is this, I do love my Hellcats alot, but I break them out on a powder day or spring day. I have a friend who uses them as his everyday ski, but not for me. You certainly can ski them on hard pack, they are stiff enough cause of the TI in them.

I like the JF on hard snow days better then the HC, they are a little quicker edge to edge and I like them at speed a little more too.

I don’t like one ski more then the other ski, I just prefer each in a different set of conditions.

Are you thinking of buying Nordica?