• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mashamoquet Brook State Park 7-25

drjeff

Okay, I'll concede that making my first ride here when 5 to 6" of rain had fallen within the previous 30 or so hours might not have been the brightest of ideas, but that juts made for a more interesting experience!

Got an idea that it was going to be interesting on the climb up from the main parking area to the top of the hill where the real trails begin as I had to basically navigate against a decent sized mini river that was pouring down from the top of the hill into Mashamoquet Brook :eek:

Rode/squished/waded my way around first the blue trail which runs the periphery and had my first real puddle experience where as I was ON the pedals powering through my feet where submerged to my ankles in the lower half of the pedal stroke. Finished up with taking the Eastern Red back across to the blue and then back down the Western Red. Total ride of just over 7.0 miles.

Had a couple of moments where my newbieness kicked and and had me hopping off and hiking around first a really slick looking moss covered rock side hill and then a couple of times where I figured that trying to ride down the mini river that was covering the rocky single track might not be the best of ideas :rolleyes:

All in all a fun ride, and one that I'll definately hit again (hopefully in dry conditions!)