• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 8-1-09

drjeff

Not very techy or DH orienated at all today as in my group was my wife on her skinny road tire hybrid sport cruiser, my 5 1/2 year old daughter on her styling my little pony 14" bike with training wheels and my 3 and 1/2 year old son was riding the trail behind bike attached to mine ;)

With a bit of "commentary" from the ladies in my group we made it over and back on trail 17 (the basically flat connector between the Grand Summit Hotel through the Season's Condos and over to the Carinthia lodge and back), my son though that getting some mud splattered on his face from my rear tire on the numerous mini stream crossing's that yesterday's rain deluge created was pretty cool, my wife + daughter didn't seem to get the same enjoyment from the mud :rolleyes:

After getting back to the main base lodge, the "girls" decided to just ride around the paved base area, while me and my son in tow went back aross 17 to the bottom of where the Vermonster park ends in the winter, and then I started climbing up 16 (basically the sweet 16 trail in the winter) upto Deer Run where the Sundance Triple loads (granny gearing WAS needed with 50+ lbs of kid + trail behind bike in tow). The then easy work road decent down Deer Run and across lower Exhibition/Charlies Chase and down the bottom of Standard to the base area. The kid was covered in mud, but was hooting and hollering the whole way down!

Lots of prep work and course set up going on here now for next weekend's big mountain bike festival!