• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington vs. Pico

SkiDog

RossiSkier said:
At Killington, I am grateful for the crowds at the K1 early on like flies on poopoo. We take alternative entrances to the mountain and never have a problem with the crowds. I have skiied the busiest weekends K has had. If you head into K1 on a busy weekend you are going right into the jaws of the beast. We do what Robert E. Lee did to the Union Army. Flank 'em (aka turn 'em).

I totally agree...if you know that mountain then you rarely wait in a line..I dont ride K-1 unless its the only thing running...It is tough for people who are not regulars there though.

M

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
JimG. said:
andyzee said:
Also NY, with Windham, Plattekill and Hunter. Of these the only mountain I can say doesnt have any waits is Plattekill.

Funny...you have trashed Hunter in the past regarding crowds, now you say that Killington isn't as bad as folks make it out to be.

Did it ever occur to you that you just don't know Hunter well enough to avoid the crowds as you do at Killington :roll: ?

Your description of K on a weekend from your perspective is EXACTLY what I would say is my experience at Hunter every weekend.

I'm sorry Jim, but I fail to see any trashing in that line?

JimG.

Staff member
andyzee said:

There isn't any, which is why I qualified my comment with "in the past", when you several times said that Hunter (and you capitalized the name, in bold, in red) is the most crowded mountain in the Northeast.
I could probably find your posts by searching the archives.

Andy, I don't want to go crazy here, but it is funny that you are now defending Killington from those who feel it is crowded. I agree with you; I know my way around K pretty well and I don't think it's more crowded than any other ski area. You just have to know where to go and when.

Just like at Hunter.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
JimG. said:
andyzee said:

There isn't any, which is why I qualified my comment with "in the past", when you several times said that Hunter (and you capitalized the name, in bold, in red) is the most crowded mountain in the Northeast.
I could probably find your posts by searching the archives.

Andy, I don't want to go crazy here, but it is funny that you are now defending Killington from those who feel it is crowded. I agree with you; I know my way around K pretty well and I don't think it's more crowded than any other ski area. You just have to know where to go and when.

Just like at Hunter.

Jim I don't think I really ever bashed it, mentioned crowds, well that's possible. And that would be a mistake on my part since I've only been there once and that was during the week. I based my assumption on what I heard. So point well taken, I'll be more careful in the future. :) And if I stop by again I hope you and/or DMC would be willing to show me around.

JimG.

Staff member
RossiSkier said:
Oh boo hoo, somebody said something about Hunter.
Cry me a river of tears. :lol:

Actually, someone said something about Killington (so what else in new, everyone always talks about K, the PR dept must love it) and someone who skis there didn't like it. So they defended their turf.

Problem is, they said the same thing that bothered them about Hunter (so what else is new, everyone likes to talk about Hunter...Hunter and K, the most talked about ski areas ever), so I just reminded them of that.

Doesn't feel so good when your on the receiving end.

I don't want anyone's tears, could care less. Don't care if anyone else goes to ski at Hunter either. Just don't talk garbage and then get bothered when your hill gets the same rap.

JimG.

Staff member
andyzee said:
Jim I don't think I really ever bashed it, mentioned crowds, well that's possible. And that would be a mistake on my part since I've only been there once and that was during the week. I based my assumption on what I heard. So point well taken, I'll be more careful in the future. :) And if I stop by again I hope you and/or DMC would be willing to show me around.

It would be my pleasure...and I really appreciate your response to this. Let me know when you might be in the area and we'll hook up.

abc

so it's really this slow...

(mind you, I almost NEVER check ski forum before December. But I'm bored at work... and epicski is long dead)