• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! - VA/MD Trip Report

Grassi21

Got back from a 9 day road trip with the family. Kicked it off in VA with college friends. My little guy was able to cruise around in a Jeep like Dad. After that we headed up to Maryland. We were in the Potomac area. We hit the Smithsonian National Zoological Park in Washington DC on our sons b-day. And finally this past weekend we had my brother in-laws wedding at The Congressional. What an amazing place. Grandma took the little guy after the wedding. The wife and I crushed it with the bridal party until 4 am. Lots of great family fun and partying with some cool peeps. Even rode 5 days on the SS with the wife and kid. Work today hurt.

Chicks Drive Jeeps

IMG_4864.JPG

Lions

IMG_5056.JPG

Tigers

IMG_5059.JPG

And Bears

IMG_4983.JPG

6 Mo. Old Guerilla

IMG_5017.JPG

Me and Little Dude

IMG_5094.JPG

Looking out the font door of The Congressional

IMG_5095.JPG

ctenidae

I'm all for safety and such, but does the tiger really need a fire alarm? What's he going to do if it goes off? And a security cam for the panda? Do they have a bunch of gangsta pandas at that zoo? Afraid they're going to spraypaint "Bamboo dis! What?" on the wall or something?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Glad that you got to see some Animals at the Zoo in Washington DC. When we went to the Zoo in April while down there, like 50% of the exhibits were empty. A trip to Petsmart would have been more entertaining. :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm all for safety and such, but does the tiger really need a fire alarm? What's he going to do if it goes off? And a security cam for the panda? Do they have a bunch of gangsta pandas at that zoo? Afraid they're going to spraypaint "Bamboo dis! What?" on the wall or something?
OSHA :smash: :lol:

mondeo

So who else can ID the car? (Other than Grassi.) Hint: it fits the theme of the thread's title.

Sounds like a good time. My next day off will probably be for my brother's wedding, looking forward to it. I really need to get that tux fitted.

Grassi21

Jaguar

Nice Trip Report.
Reason Work Hurt:
Crushing it til 4
or
SS action?
I'm guessing a combo of the two ;)

Crushing it til 4.... man that hurt. At one point during the wedding my son was passed out on my lap. Another guy who married into the family was fetching me Jack and Cokes. Good dude.

Grassi21

Glad that you got to see some Animals at the Zoo in Washington DC. When we went to the Zoo in April while down there, like 50% of the exhibits were empty. A trip to Petsmart would have been more entertaining. :lol:

Since your trip to the zoo was a bust, here are a few more pics...

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

The orang unans had this cool cable system that ran around a portion of the zoo. Kinda weird to be walking through the zoo to look and see this primate swinging overhead.

IMG_5025.JPG

WJenness

So who else can ID the car? (Other than Grassi.) Hint: it fits the theme of the thread's title.

Sounds like a good time. My next day off will probably be for my brother's wedding, looking forward to it. I really need to get that tux fitted.

Mustang?

-w

wa-loaf

Nice trip.

The Zoo is pretty cool. I lived in DC for a year when i was 12. Our apt was right across the street from main entrance on CT Ave. I spent a lot of time there.

DC is a great city. My sister lives there so I visit from time to time. If I wasn't a skier, I might live there..so many hot 20something women..insane Female/Male ratio..One place there were 15 women and 4 dudes..wowser..

Grassi21

DC is a great city. My sister lives there so I visit from time to time. If I wasn't a skier, I might live there..so many hot 20something women..insane Female/Male ratio..One place there were 15 women and 4 dudes..wowser..

We took 287 to 78 to 81. We passed by Allentown and that area. I was hoping for a Steeze sighting. :lol:

We took 287 to 78 to 81. We passed by Allentown and that area. I was hoping for a Steeze sighting. :lol:

Wow..the long way..lol..I like taking 95 to DC..cause you can drive 80 and still get passed by old ladies in vans. I live about 4 miles from I-78

Grassi21

Wow..the long way..lol..I like taking 95 to DC..cause you can drive 80 and still get passed by old ladies in vans. I live about 4 miles from I-78

We started our vacation in VA. So taking this route avoids 95 and gets us a further west before we head south on 81 all the way to VA. I kept seeing business with Blue Mountain in the name along the way...