• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend camping in northern nh w loop

petergriffen

Okay im looking to go camping somewhere around crawford notch or further north for an upcoming weekend. Any suggestions for a campsite near a day loop that is not extremely difficult? For a guide on difficult, last trail we did was falling waters and that was okay.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
You need any amenities at the campground or is rustic okay? WMNF Campgrounds are in the area including one of my favorites and that is Sugarloaf I & II. Loop hike in the area includes Hale which doing a loop drops you down at Zealand Falls. If you did Falling Waters, a Hale loop should not be a problem. An easier hike would be Sugarloaf North and South which is hikeable from the campground. If you can car spot, a great Crawford Notch loop is some combo using the Webster Cliff trail. I did this with a bike spot at the top of the notch and then driving down to the bottom of the notch to start the hike.

skibum9995

If my math is right the loop over Hale wide a side trip to Zeacliff from the hut is 10.3 mi, 3550 ft elevation gain, for a book time of 7 hours. Add about a mile or so of road walk if you can't spot a car.

petergriffen

we were think about throwing in the summit of mt zealand anyone know how hard that walk is from the hut? might be a bit overboard