• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Thompson Lake 8/4/09

drjeff

I was planning on hitting my LBS sponsored Tuesday night 6PM RAW, however a couple of patients of mine and their teeth didn't think that was a great idea this week :(, so I headed 5 minutes up the road from my office and got to the parking lot by the dam at West Thompson Lake Rec area about 6:15.

Did the same loop as the night before (thinking that this may very well become my regular ride). The Orange all the way out past the bridge and looping back to the yellow just South of the bridge and then finishing up with the segment of the Orange closest to the parking lot again.

I was about 12 minutes faster tonight than the previous night! :) A bit of getting familar with the trails, a bit of getting some more confidence about taking on the stone walls in the saddle as opposed to on foot, and a bit of a DECENT amount of water resession/drying in and around some stream beds comaperd to the night before!

I still though took it as a good sign that after the ride and looking at my bike on the rack that I just knew that the garden hose at home WASN'T going to be enough to get all the mud off, so I needed to stop at the self serve carwash and power wash it! :)