• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burlington, CT - 2009-08-09

WoodCore

Great ride this morning! Started out from Sessions WMA around 8am and started up the trail towards B-Street to Brians Trail to the 4-way. Being it was still early I ventured across E. Chippens and into the forbidden forest and rolled the Scoville twisties>Jug-a-Lug>Hinmans across Rt. 69 and back down the 69'er. At the end of the 69'er headed out the back end of the Cemetery and up the FKC across the ridge and down the bypass and back around to Sessions. A super fun loop to roll!!

Total riding time was about 2 hours 15 minutes and in that time managed to log 10.6 miles and 1850 feet of climbing. Even though this was my 9th consecutive day on the bike the legs felt really good this morning and I'm beginning to be able to cleanly ride sections of trail consistently that have gotten the better of me in the past.

Regardless, things where pretty quite in the Burlington woods this morning, only came across one other rider in my lengthy route! Kinda funny that the one rider I run into is Mlegg! Anyway we shot the shit for a bit about all that's going on with the NB water company saga and then continued on our rides.

bvibert

Staff member
Glad you had a good ride. Sorry I couldn't make it. I just didn't have it in me to get up early enough to put my bike back together before the ride.

WoodCore

Glad you had a good ride. Sorry I couldn't make it. I just didn't have it in me to get up early enough to put my bike back together before the ride.

No problem!

Anyway as long as the weather cooperates I'm going to try and take advantage and ride everyday while we still have some after work daylight to work with!

Trev

Heh, it's august and woodcore ya sound like the season is ending! :)

Glad nobody got ticketed.. heh

MLegg

Kinda funny that the one rider I run into is Mlegg!

Yeh, I'm one of the gnomes who lives in them damn woods. I tend to run into just about everyone during a ride. Hopefully I don't hurt any of them when I run into them.

I mentioned to Woodcore that there are several additional parking areas on state land that we might try out, the largest being the soccer fields. There are tons of trails leading out of some of these areas that many of us haven't been on in a long time. Something to think about.

Grassi21

I rode the area yesterday with powhunter and 03jeff. I was riding one of the shorter skinnies and crushed my coccyx. I don't think its more than a bruise but damn is it hard to sit down.

Despite that, great ride. I hit a few bridges on the first try and hit a couple of rollers after a couple of looks. Great riding with those guys as always.