• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burlington, CT 2009-08-10

WoodCore

Met up with Greg at a top secret parking location around 6pm and rolled a quick hour and a half loop. We managed to cover a little over 6 miles with 750 feet of climbing which included some of the standard routes and also some exploration of some newly discovered single track that was very interesting to say the least! Future exploration is of these new trails is a must and hope to get back there again later in the week.

Anyway, the humidity and temp tonight was a little oppressive regardless still great to get out and roll! :beer:

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Can you at least give a clue as to what area you rode in? New ST???

We looked at it the other day.

Good ride tonight Jon. Heat/humidity was a tad oppressive, but being well-hydrated was all that was needed. I made the truck trail my bitch today. I took one run-up to Red's Rock (mostly because I forgot it came up that quick after the climb), then turned around, got set up again and went for it with no issues, kept on going and then tackled the next smaller techy descent, linked those right into the roller to the left of the third little descent. I then decided to ride right to the four-way from there. Good stuff.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work on the truck trail! Sounds like a good ride, I'm bummed that I missed out on some exploratory...

Greg

Staff member
I should mention that Jon was killing it on the Jug and Scoville twisties. I really had to work to keep up.

Oh...wait a minute. We didn't ride there... ;)

WoodCore

I should mention that Jon was killing it on the Jug and Scoville twisties. I really had to work to keep up.

Oh...wait a minute. We didn't ride there... ;)

Yeah, after almost killing myself coming over the rock on Brian's trail. :smash:

Anyway forgot to mention the big ass tree that fell down across the truck trail. It's totally blocking the trail and is going to require a chainsaw to remove it.

rueler

Did you guys see the heavy machinery on the southern end of the Scoville twisties?? It may not have been there yet though...Did a ride from Nate's house this morning with a few people. When we pulled onto E. Chippen's Hill Road we saw two big Komatsu earth moving machines sitting in the woods directly to the right of the Scoville twisties...there was also a logger readying his chainsaw. They're gonna start tearing that area apart soon if they hit all the trees that are marked with paint....:(

Glad you found the newer ST...probably the stuff that Chuckles made...does it dump you out in the field...has a red little tikes toy as a bridge near the end?? We rode it from the field today. Good stuff!

WoodCore

Did you guys see the heavy machinery on the southern end of the Scoville twisties??

The equipment was in there yesterday and as of this evening the first couple hundred yards of the Scoville twisties heading north from E. Chippens is totally
blocked with downed trees! :angry:

Anyway glad we got a good rip through there last night Greg because after what I saw this evening this trail is pretty much f***ed at least for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Did you guys see the heavy machinery on the southern end of the Scoville twisties?? It may not have been there yet though...Did a ride from Nate's house this morning with a few people. When we pulled onto E. Chippen's Hill Road we saw two big Komatsu earth moving machines sitting in the woods directly to the right of the Scoville twisties...there was also a logger readying his chainsaw. They're gonna start tearing that area apart soon if they hit all the trees that are marked with paint....:(

Glad you found the newer ST...probably the stuff that Chuckles made...does it dump you out in the field...has a red little tikes toy as a bridge near the end?? We rode it from the field today. Good stuff!

Wow. Bye bye Scov twisites. :(

Yeah, w saw that red washed out bridge. I thought it was a saw horse or something.

rueler

scoville twisties aren't totally dead yet!! if you ride that new bit you found the other day....you can still ride half of the twisties northbound to Scoville...just keep your eyes out for where the logging paint is...that will tell you where they are going. They painted a SILLY amount of trees in there last year at the same time I armored the mudboggy section.

A great idea is to ride Hinman's north to the J-Cake trail...bomb down to Scoville...cross the Road and go down through the field and into the corner of the field....ride around the brush and voila...you are at the trail you found the other day...either direction rides nice, but linking it up with the J-Cake stuff worked nice today!