• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Thompson Lake Rec Area 8-11-09

drjeff

Got out for about a 90 minute RAW tonight, Nice and warm out there and a good sweat was worked up quite quickly!

Rode the Orange all the way out to the end and then picked up the Yellow on the way back to the car past the bridge and then rerode the 1st part of the ramsdale woods portion of the Orange on the way back to my car.

Total ride distance was 7.03 miles on the Garmin in an hour and 26 minutes.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I never even knew there were named sections of that trail. Definitely didn't know it covered that much distance. I should get a computer for my MTB. Which Garmin are you using?

drjeff

I never even knew there were named sections of that trail. Definitely didn't know it covered that much distance. I should get a computer for my MTB. Which Garmin are you using?

Yup, they've actually named a few sections (primarily the Orange trail) with actual official looking 2 posted wooden signs that are at the Southern ends of the trail/trail sections!

Garmin wise, its my wife's combo GPS/heart rate monitor/interval timer watch for which I can't remember the model number right now. I'm going to be getting an actual bike computer very soon as my wife isn't too happy wife me when I bring her watch back to her all covered in mud :rolleyes:

Mileage wise, yup, all 5 times now I've done that ride with the watch on it's been within .03 miles of each other and I've crossed checked the GPS on the watch with my car's odometer on the pavement near my house.