• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So, what powder skis are you guys rocking this season?

Trekchick

After yet another epic winter last year both at home on my little hills and out west, and an incredible opportunity to ski on the Gotama's, I invested in a 2009 Kiku. 168cm 21.1 TR 133_105_124
I'm extremely intrigued by the 2010 Kiku, which is rockered.
K2 PBR's. Maiden AK's with a 10/20 rocker. Justified for me last years since I had 25 days west last year with all but a few that weren't powder days. I liked the ski a lot, I don't think it would be your weapon of choice. I could see you more on a Line Mothership or some of the new Nordica Girish or the Ja.

Do you want a rocker or more traditional?
I was extremely impressed with the way you go around on these at Big Sky/Bridger.
Not sure if it was the ski or the skier, but you/they rocked!!

165 Line Celebrities, 125-90-113. I'm sure that's just what you're looking for. ;) I also skied mine in the Sundown bumps at the end of the season and they performed quite well, surprisingly. The closest to powder they came was when I skied the NELSAP sledding hill in town last season after 6-8" of fresh snow. Probably not the best test for them.
We need to get you out west to test those things out!!!

Last edited:

SkiDork

they're the older 188's

these:

PMGEAR_0thcl.jpg

Trekchick

SkiDork, I have and love my Bros's as well, but I found the Kiku's to be more nimble in the deep powder, while the bros are more fun when I am railing big mountain terrain.
Make sense, or am I speaking blonde again?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
After yet another epic winter last year both at home on my little hills and out west, and an incredible opportunity to ski on the Gotama's, I invested in a 2009 Kiku. 168cm 21.1 TR 133_105_124
I'm extremely intrigued by the 2010 Kiku, which is rockered.
<3 <3 <3

We need to get you out west to test those things out!!!
Absolutely!

RustyGroomer

LastWeekend09308.jpg

Can't wait to ski the Live Life's, they'll be mounted with Dukes. Yes, i know i have a ski problem.