$$$$ 4 Clunkers over 8/24 8PM

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

$$$$ 4 Clunkers over 8/24 8PM

Thank God for that!!!!

You get paid yet?
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    You get paid yet?
    Not one friggin red cent---this has been the biggest cluster I've ever been part of in my 20+ years doing this. I talk with alot of dealers and nobody is getting paid, PERIOD. Gets better. There's a dealer "hot line" you can call for help where after 62 minutes (really) of being on hold someone takes your name, dealership your with and email and tells you someone will call you back---"where just a call center" was the common reply.

This will be a great program once we get paid but right now it's chewing up cash flow at a high rate of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee View Post
    Not one friggin red cent---this has been the biggest cluster I've ever been part of in my 20+ years doing this. I talk with alot of dealers and nobody is getting paid, PERIOD. Gets better. There's a dealer "hot line" you can call for help where after 62 minutes (really) of being on hold someone takes your name, dealership your with and email and tells you someone will call you back---"where just a call center" was the common reply.

This will be a great program once we get paid but right now it's chewing up cash flow at a high rate of speed.
    That simply sux and is proof positive the government should stay the hell out of the private sector , Regulate --yes Operate -- no fraken way
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

If I assume that you guys will eventually get paid, Camp, would you say that the "Cash For Clunkers" program brought people into the showroom that otherwise would not have been there making purchases? Is it possible for you to estimate how much, if any, of an increase in sales resulted from the program?

By the way-how are your dogs doing?
    Happy Trails

I was floored when I recently read that you could qualify for this program by only increasing your MPG by 3 MPG. So you could upgrade from a 15 MPG to an 18 MPG vehicle and got into the program. Seems kinda crazy to replace an old clunker with a new clunker. The extension of this program seemed to be rammed through.

Camp... why are they making dealers foot the bill and get a rebate instead of rebating tax payers on their annual income tax? I guess it was thought that people would be more reluctant to sign if the money was on the back end instead of the front end? Buyers would get a slightly lower payment too, I guess. Sucks you guys have to deal with this in the red waiting for the gov to get its act together.
    Last edited by riverc0il; Aug 20, 2009 at 11:27 PM.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Relax... Theres a lot of $ to give out...

Lot's of dealers tripled their sales... If they get paid soon... It's going to be awesome...

People gotta give this shti a chance... It's all new... And it seems to be working...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    That simply sux and is proof positive the government should stay the hell out of the private sector , Regulate --yes Operate -- no fraken way
    dude... chill....
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Not to get political wait and see what happens if the healthcare passes. Personally, I think that the manufacturers should be dealing with the payment issues, not the dealers. I am glad that it is ebding, stop the handouts.

Don't you mean 8/24?
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information