• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$$$$ 4 Clunkers over 8/24 8PM

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Until that revolution occurs - what do you do? Vapidly complain or engage the process?

I vapidly complain because it makes me feel better... but then I go vote as well. It's about the only thing I can do to engage the process because I dislike confrontation and public speaking. Plus I'm hard up for time.

dmc

You don't have to get all uppity on me... :) I was only asking... Cause you seemed to be only complainin',,,

Good for you!!!

So what does your representation have to say about this issue? And how will they address making sure my $ goes to the car dealers?

dmc

I vapidly complain because it makes me feel better... but then I go vote as well. It's about the only thing I can do to engage the process because I dislike confrontation and public speaking. Plus I'm hard up for time.

You don't seem to be the guy thats getting your hackles up... I just wanted to use the word hackles...

campgottagopee

Now I have a better understanding.

As a small business owner, I know the frustration waiting for a bill to get paid. We have fixed expenses that need to be settled.

One way I look at it though, is that you say that the program has resulted in a net 30% in new business. Even if the depreciation of that money while you're waiting for the check nets it down to 20-25%, that's still a decent shot in the arm for the bottom line. I guess it's just a matter of if a dealer has the float to carry it until the government checks arrive.

Good point, at the end of the day, or months :-o, this will be good for us and I'd do it again if it ever comes around.

campgottagopee

i hope you get your money...

In fact lots of this $ does come from me(us)... If you get it soon as the Govt says... then that would be great for you...

Have you called your represntitive about this? Engaged the process?

Yes, the big boss met w/ our Congressman yesterday---nutshell version, "wow that stinks"

dmc

Good point, at the end of the day, or months :-o, this will be good for us and I'd do it again if it ever comes around.

:flag: As an American that supports the "bailout" .. I thank you... :flag:

I worry about where my $ is going... And to go to people like you makes me happy.. I've been hit hard by this as well... But my industry doesn't get "bailed out".. So we've seen the layoffs, paycuts, non paid vaca, etc...

One of my main concerns when this whole thing broke was the auto industry... And of course the financial industry...

Thanks again.. You'll get you $... And its going to get done correctly...

campgottagopee

i hope you get your money...

In fact lots of this $ does come from me(us)... If you get it soon as the Govt says... then that would be great for you...

Have you called your represntitive about this? Engaged the process?

It's really the customers money that we are floating for them

dmc

Sent an email to Scott Murphy (the replacement for Gillibrand) in my district...
Stating my concern that dealers get paid quickly..

I think he's still beat up from the town hall meeting in yesterday...

campgottagopee

I think our $ will make it to him... I just think they are trying to do it right... I'd imagine theres a ton of people trying to "get over" on this and make off with our $...[/QUOTE]

I don't see how that's possible--- the right thing would've been to consult some people in the auto biz before launching this thing.

dmc

I think our $ will make it to him... I just think they are trying to do it right... I'd imagine theres a ton of people trying to "get over" on this and make off with our $...

I don't see how that's possible--- the right thing would've been to consult some people in the auto biz before launching this thing.

Well.... If they didn't and it got out that people took advantage of the situation... You guys would be screaming about something else that the govt screwed up... :)

What could they've done better?
What could the Auto dealers have done better?

campgottagopee

I thought my $ was going it to the actual cash given back to the dealer?

Explain?

This money is in a form of a rebate to the customer, not the dealer, but the dealer "floats"or loans the money to the customer then has to wait to get paid. Just like rebates from the manufactures which is paid in a more timel;y fashion.

Glenn

I could write a Goddamned novel that would make War and Peace look like something you could read in 2.5 minutes on the can.

Last edited:

dmc

This money is in a form of a rebate to the customer, not the dealer, but the dealer "floats"or loans the money to the customer then has to wait to get paid. Just like rebates from the manufactures which is paid in a more timel;y fashion.

But "our" $ is paid to the dealer to cover the floated stuff...?

campgottagopee

Well.... If they didn't and it got out that people took advantage of the situation... You guys would be screaming about something else that the govt screwed up... :)

What could the Auto dealers have done better?

Done better??? Don't really have time to answer this properly (shouldn't even be online now:razz:) but in a one word answer, communication.

Dealers coul've seen issues that NHTSA never could forsee---ex: to sumbitt a claim you have to have clear title (lien release)---if there's a payoff involved it can take up to 3 weeks to get lien release and guess what---program ends monday

campgottagopee

But "our" $ is paid to the dealer to cover the floated stuff...?

Yes, that's correct. My point to that is we "dealers" aren't making any more $$$$ on these transactions than we would any other day. Yes, the volume, for now, is great so bottom lines are good, but what happens in the months to come when inventory levels are low and we've already forced the market. This is far from over.