8/24/09 - Burlington RAW

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

8/24/09 - Burlington RAW

Nice ride tonight gentlemen!

It wasn't a particularly long or fast ride, but for some reason I'm beat tonight. I'll let the other guys fill in the details, or I'll add more later. I will say that it was the largest group that we've had out of the 'new' location.
    Brian

Nice riding with the crew. Definitely pretty beat right now after trying to keep up with WC for about 7.5 miles. Good to finally meet you.

Going to bed shortly after I wash my hands a few more times to try and get the glove stink off them
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Nice ride tonight gentlemen!
    For Sure!!! Great to finally roll with a healthy sized AZ group from the new parking spot!

Anyway nice to finally meet Jeff and Steve, and roll once again with Trev and Pat. We need to do this more often!

BTW, glad you where all able to make the inaugural ride on my new "logging bypass" trail. LOL!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Glad to hear you guys had a good ride...just an FYI if you guys are riding from Stone or around the soccer fields...specifically the trails off of Punchbrook Road and GW Tpike. I saw that HUGE black bear that the guy we ran into yesterday mentioned.

I came up on the black bear maybe an 1/8 of a mile into the trail directly across from the soccer field parking area. It appeared to be 300+ lbs...It was fleeing the scene as I was closing in on him...saw him bounding away at an impressive speed. After noticing his direction of travel...I altered my route accordingly and still got a decent rip in...8.3 miles...mostly on the soccer field network. Just be aware that he likes that neck of the woods!

Quote Originally Posted by rueler View Post
    Glad to hear you guys had a good ride...just an FYI if you guys are riding from Stone or around the soccer fields...specifically the trails off of Punchbrook Road and GW Tpike. I saw that HUGE black bear that the guy we ran into yesterday mentioned.

I came up on the black bear maybe an 1/8 of a mile into the trail directly across from the soccer field parking area. It appeared to be 300+ lbs...It was fleeing the scene as I was closing in on him...saw him bounding away at an impressive speed. After noticing his direction of travel...I altered my route accordingly and still got a decent rip in...8.3 miles...mostly on the soccer field network. Just be aware that he likes that neck of the woods!
    Get any pics of him? Now I am really going to be reluctant to ride that area knowing he is a regular over there.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Rumor has it that the DEP, having heard of our recent adventures in the soccer field area - and in complete cooperation with the New Britain Water Commission - let the bear loose over there to insure that we leave the Burlington Woods forever.
    Just a rumor mind you.

With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I bid adieu.

nice to get out again. glad i cut it short as im not very sore today.

good to see you guys again, wouldnt mind a tour of dick ticklers notch before the end of the year.

that sounds NASTY.......

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    wouldnt mind a tour of dick ticklers notch before the end of the year.

that sounds NASTY.......
    Count me in for that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    nice to get out again. glad i cut it short as im not very sore today.

good to see you guys again, wouldnt mind a tour of dick ticklers notch before the end of the year.

that sounds NASTY.......
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Count me in for that as well!
    Just let me know when you guys want to go.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MLegg View Post
    Rumor has it that the DEP, having heard of our recent adventures in the soccer field area - and in complete cooperation with the New Britain Water Commission - let the bear loose over there to insure that we leave the Burlington Woods forever.
    Just a rumor mind you.

With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I bid adieu.
    The water dept is tricky like that.
    Brian

Thread Information