• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mantra vs. AC50

BackLoafRiver

Yeah, I had heard that was going to be an issue. I found it to be very true when I was on steeper stuff and my legs were rubbery. It started to flutter and scared the cr@p out of me. I thought I was toast.

Glenn

I find this intriguing. I had asked about the Auras on Ski Diva at one point (because many of them women are ga-ga for them!) and was told by Trekchick, IIRC, that they would spank me for bad behavior. :lol: Guess that's carried over from the men's to the women's version. :lol:

Sounds like they're a good fit for you though. Enjoy them!

That's good to know Sev. My wife is looking at that Auras as well. But she wants to demo them first.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That's good to know Sev. My wife is looking at that Auras as well. But she wants to demo them first.

They're well-loved by the Divas but you have to be on the ball, from what I understand. I prefer something a little more forgiving at this stage. She should demo them if she can and if she likes them, I've heard they're a great East Coast ski--will cover many conditions for her.

Glenn

That's how I remember the old straight Volkls....ski them hard or don't bother. After the knee injury, she's really sold on the bindings Volkl offers with the flatter stance.