• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 2009-08-30

WoodCore

Met up with o3Jeff, Bvibert and Mlegg at 9am across from the soccer fields on Punch Brook Road and we shortly thereafter rolled onto the trails. Mlegg was our guide today showing us around the new loop He has come up with in this area of Burlington. I had previously ridden some of these trails back at the end of May but was really impressed with the way Mlegg tied it all together into a nice loop that had a ton of flow. The best part of this ride was that we never once ventured onto NB Water Company property!!

In the course of our 9.2 miles we never really rode anything uber technical and even with the trails being a little greasy after two days of rain I was able to pedal 99% of this loop. There where some climbs and downhills along the way but nothing that really sucked the life out of me regardless, I was surprised when I download the gps data and saw that we climbed around 2,000 feet today!

The trails themselves are in great shape! Even with the rain the last few days only one small muddy spot was encountered during our ride. With the dry weather predicted for the upcoming week the riding conditions should be some of the best of the year!

After having to take the last two days off from the bike due to the weather it really felt great to get back in the saddle and roll today. It took about 20 minutes of riding to get back in the groove but after that it was all good. Definitely a great morning of riding.

Anyway, great riding with you guys again and many thanks to Mlegg for leading the way and once again expanding my knowledge of the trail network.

Here's the track we rode......

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=616

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=616&w=0

bvibert

Staff member
Great ride today, thanks for the tour MLegg! I'm surprised that the total was 9.2 miles. It didn't seem nearly that long to me. Good to see you out again Jeff, I hope your fork is hanging in there. A pleasure as always Woodcore.

Really nice route today, nothing too crazy, but still plenty interesting. A lot of it I've been on before, with some new stuff to tie things together.

o3jeff

Great riding with everyone yesterday and thanks to Mlegg for the tour and commentary of the trails. Sorry to bail on you guys early, but I was running out of steam, teach me to take off most of the season and expect to keep up with you guys!

. Good to see you out again Jeff, I hope your fork is hanging in there.

Seems to be a bad pump, checked it when I got back to the cars and it was where I set it. Got a new pump from skidmarks(btw he is getting a lot of new ski gear in) yesterday so I will check it in a few days to confirm it is holding. Thanks for letting me use your pump.