• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Thompson Lake 8-31-09 RAW

drjeff

Okay, kind of a RAW since I was off today, but I did ride a close to regular RAW time ;) Woo-Hoo I ripped my first rear derailleur off today!! Fortunately I was 6.53 miles into my 6.56 mile ride when a rock on my last descent just before climbing back up to the parking lot inflicted the damage - Mega lucky on that part!! Even with my hiking my bike up the last 100 or so yards or so I was still just under 5 minutes faster than my previous best time for my standard Orange all the way out and then yellow with a quick orange finish (that 70 or so degree dry air definately helped with that aspect!). Also it was very comforting to see that Friday Night/Saturdays 2" of rain that hit the area had little effects on the size of the mud areas and width/depth of the stream crosssings!

The best thing though with my earlier start/finish time is I was still able to make it to my LBS before it closed and get a new bracket mounted and my rear derailleur rehung so I'll be ready for another RAW tommorrow! :)