• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What to demo?

roark

I have a pair of Volant Super Carves. They're great for ripping up courdory but can be a bit of a beast in anything ungroomed (this also has *something* to do with my abilities but I digress). I can't decide if I should go with a moderately mid fat all mountain (which would probably mostly replace the volants - I demoed the Saloman Scambler Hot Pilot at K this weekend which were a blast… the volants felt like garbage after that) or a true powder/crud ski (which I have yet to try) to complement the groomers. I'll be hitting as many demo days this year as possible (next up: Mt. Snow this weekend!). I also will be doing some recreational racing up at Pat's starting in January. Of course I will most likely hold off purchasing until the end of the season ($$) unless some great deal (used?) comes along. Suggestions/comments?

Catul

From what I've read, the Volkl Unlimited series (AC3, AC4 etc.) would be similar to the the Solomon Scramblers so check those Volkls out. For powder, the Volkl Mantra has received rave reviews, definitely try and demo those - apparently they're not bad on groomed stuff too. Love to hear what you think of these, let us know!

roark

I was just over at epicski reading about the mantras. Not sure if I could make enough pow days out here to make them worth it but will definately have to try em out!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've decided I'll be up at Snow for demo day tomorrow, on my hit list are:

Rossy Bandit B2
Volkl Unlimited AC3/4
Volkl 5 star, supersport allstar
Atomic SX9, SX:B5
K2 Apache Recon/Crossfire
Dynastar Legend 8000

Anything else that should be there? There are probably quite a few people here interested in the same style ski as the ones I've posted...

BeanoNYC

Marc said:
I've decided I'll be up at Snow for demo day tomorrow, on my hit list are:

Rossy Bandit B2
Volkl Unlimited AC3/4
Volkl 5 star, supersport allstar
Atomic SX9, SX:B5
K2 Apache Recon/Crossfire
Dynastar Legend 8000

Anything else that should be there? There are probably quite a few people here interested in the same style ski as the ones I've posted...

Try out the Rossi Z9's .... I hear good things about them. I want to get up there for the day, but it's looking bleak.