• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Something from the Mitten...

Trekchick

I haven't posted any TR's of my mt biking this summer here, which may or may not be a good thing. For the most part, we've had the usual after work rides on Tuesday or Wednesday night, an occasional Thursday night ride and some amazing weekend road trips to different trails.

I've had a few occasions where the "what gets in your head" got in my head and kept me from doing things that I should be able to do. On other occasions I did stuff that was out of my comfort zone and I came out with a huge grin and went back for more.
One area where I advanced was airing over logs and rocks, which is something that I've always rolled over in the past.
9921_1202855184776_1030482850_30654371_3900017_n.jpg

I'm definitely getting more aggressive on most days(still have weird funk days)
9921_1202855104774_1030482850_30654369_5838868_n.jpg

Mapping:
In the beginning of the summer I download the Iphone App iMapMyRide, but I never took the time to set up my account, so I didn't use it for a long time.
Last night I decided to try it out and now I wonder why I didn't take the time to do this earlier in the season!
Here is the link to the ride which is kind of anticlimactic since it was a short after work ride, but still, it feels great to get out there and get your juju back after a stoopid day at work.
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/mi/cadillac/615125189141457070

Hope I didn't bore you too much, but I thought I'd share a bit of what's been going on in the Mitten State.
Thanks for reading :)

bvibert

Staff member
Nice TR TC, thanks! Glad to hear you've been having a good biking season. I've still been mostly keeping my wheels on the ground..

Trekchick

Brian, if you lived closer to us, I'd kidnap Carrie from you on a regular basis and do my best to get her kicking your butt. Doesn't that sound awesome!!!

bvibert

Staff member
Brian, if you lived closer to us, I'd kidnap Carrie from you on a regular basis and do my best to get her kicking your butt. Doesn't that sound awesome!!!

Actually, yes, that does sound awesome!

When are you going to move out this way??? ;)

WoodCore

Thanks for sharing and great to hear your getting out and ripping it up on a regular basis. BTW, nice looking pics TC!! The trails up in the "Mitten State" look very inviting.

Warp Daddy

U go Trekie , trails look pretty kewl --------------------------glad u r able to get out and just ride -- clears the mind .....feeds the soul