• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Hinesburg TF stuff...

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Rode some new Hinesburg Stuff today. Parked on Hinesburg Hollow road and and hit Pinner, up to Henery Heights, then descended Henery Heights to Preacher to Pinner. Challenging climbing on the 1 speed. The first few pitches on Pinner were the worst of it. The trails are in spectacular shape right now. Tight, fast rolling, hard but doable. Can't wait to link this into the other HTF stuff like PTH and Sheep Thrills ect. Makes for some big loops to do down at Hinesburg.
The bottom of preacher had some agressive lines over big boulders with some real nice natural roll downs and several spots where a hard and easy lines existed and were well marked. The hard lines had some nice bridge work on and off of some ledge....Henery Height rides good in both directions as did pinner, with some tough short steeps. These two trails are really sweet. Rake and ride that has been burned in enough but not too much, where bench cutting and sidehill work have been done where needed. It's a great balance of classic feel and sustainably built. Preacher is riding great right now, as well. Just burned in enough. Loved it all. Great Job and Thanks to those involved.
Preacher.jpg

Last edited:

JD

Website
hotmail.com
sweet pictures..those ramps look fun..

They were fun. Not overly technical. There were about 5-6 ramps/bridges in total...and about 5-6 steep rock face roll downs. Also on preacher were a few built kickers (earth) some high speed berm railing and general high speed fun. The descent down the back of Henry Heights to Licoln Hill Road was also real flowy with alot of great natural undulation in the forest that felt like a pump track or a line of table tops at times. You could just squirt thru w/o really having to pedal. Fun. Waterbury today...then back to the grind.

bvibert

Staff member
Sounds like fun. I'm really itching to get back out on my bike right now, so I'm pretty jealous.

I love the thump thump thump sound when rolling over wooden bridges and ramps/ladders.

BigJay

Hey JD, i've talked a lot about East Hereford, Qc... but next time you have time on your hands, you should get out there... It will be a ripper for your legs cause there is lots of climbing involved... but i'm sure you'll enjoy it! You'll be able to loop things from the village that will range between a quick 10mi to a full 35mi of singletrack w/ gravel connectors...

Right now, our builders are adding a new 3mi singletrack that will reach the "northern" section of trails that was previously reached by doubletrack... now, we'll climb a bit more on the doubletrack... but then cross-over entirely on singletrack.

It's also beautiful out there... the xmas tree in Rockefeller comes from East Hereford each year. It's the capital of xmas tree! There all over the area... and make for beautiful views!

Tons of pictures from the build here: http://www.zygonium.com/gallery/v/ADSVMQ/2009/East-Hereford/?g2_page=3

IMG_1990_resize.JPG

IMG_2086_resize.JPG

IMG_2092_resize.JPG

I can't wait for them to finish this new loop!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
A friend of mine has a camp in Averil VT, looks to be about 20-30 minutes away. I am nearly crippled after hurting my back yesterday at waterbury. We'll see how fast it heals up. I'll be switching to w/e off soon, we'll have top arrange a meet.