• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RAW - Burlington, CT 2009-09-02

WoodCore

Other than the fact the sun is setting way to early tonights RAW was a perfect ten in every aspect. The weather and trail conditions where nearly perfect! There was not a cloud in the sky and with super low humidity, temps in the lower 70's and the fact that the trails are in possibly the best shape of season, how could you go wrong!

Anyway I took advantage and using most of the available daylight rolled a pretty nice loop. Started from the E. Chippens parking spot around 5:30 and hit the following loop:

E. Chippens>4-way>Downhill to the BSB>Jug>Hinman>Ye Ole 69'er>back end of the Cemetery>FKC>Blue Trail along the ridge>Bypass downhill>across Reservoir Road>B-Street to the 4-way and back to E. Chippens.

The loop came in at 9.92 miles and 1646 feet of climbing, not to shabby!! Anyway, best part of my ride tonight is the fact that the average speed was my fastest of the season and I managed to cover the loop in under 2 hours with only around 1 minute of stopped time. :beer: