• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where the White Women At?

2knees

I think this thread should be locked based on the obvious racist overtones.

wtf, mods, do a more balanced job.

mondeo

The split of male to female on the gatheringofthevibes board is pretty much 50-50. Out of the top 30 posters; all with over 2000 posts in less than a years time as the board was reset last fall, 15 are men, 15 are women.
Do 14 of the women drive Subaru wagons?

8)

bigbog

white women are..........

I think the women are down in either Chile or Argentina....getting the pow, but a number of em' are around the wildwater....in various locales.

MR. evil

as far as facebook goes...boring! I don't need to know what everyone is doing every minute of the day. Who has time for that? What the heck do people do all day? If i am not working, i'm outside playing!

+1,000,0000

Easy tiger. I post when I feel there is post worthyness. As far as facebook goes...boring! I don't need to know what everyone is doing every minute of the day. Who has time for that? What the heck do people do all day? If I am not working, I'm outside playing!

different strokes for different folks..it's hard for me to go an hour at work without checking facebook, Alpinezone and Paskiandride.com....anyway you should tell some of your lady friends to join this site but only if they're white..lol

deadheadskier

Staff member
Then again, it could be your propensity to post pictures of women who are partially to totally nude and salivate over them. (Straight) women tend not to gravitate toward that sort of thing...

oddly, over on the forum I was speaking of with equal female involvement and considerable partial to full nudity, the women (mainly straight) are just as likely to voice approval as men. A woman can still be straight, have class and appreciate a hot girl. I don't think the opposite is true with men. I don't believe this to be the case due to homophobia among guys, it's just the way it is as with many different animal species; one gender is inherently more attractive than the other. In the case of humans, it happens to be the female gender. The fact that many male models are feminine looking confirms this.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not that misguided. I know quite a few lesbians (half of my wife's college softball team), and there are a few Outbacks, included her college coach and her coach's parter.

The lesbian driving a Subaru stereotype is very true in aim.

I was referring to the stereotype that a greater proportion of hippy chicks are lesbians than typical. While liberal and very accepting of all types of sexuality, I haven't found the prevalence of lesbians in the 'jam band scene' to be any greater than everyday society.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
oddly, over on the forum I was speaking of with equal female involvement and considerable partial to full nudity, the women (mainly straight) are just as likely to voice approval as men. A woman can still be straight, have class and appreciate a hot girl. I don't think the opposite is true with men. I don't believe this to be the case due to homophobia among guys, it's just the way it is as with many different animal species; one gender is inherently more attractive than the other. In the case of humans, it happens to be the female gender. The fact that many male models are feminine looking confirms this.
I can agree with this. I also think we appreciate it on a very different level. As in, we can appreciate the form for what it is whereas guys are more likely thinking "I'd bang her." (Hence why I tease you guys all the time with the "pigs" remarks.)

It's funny you mentioned the guys not being as appreciative of the male form. I went to an Off-Broadway musical last weekend called "Naked Boys Singing." It is as it sounds--naked men dancing and singing. It's written as a gay musical, understandably. The first few times I went 5 years ago, most of the audience included women with some gay men. This last time, I was surprised to see a few straight couples. Even the guy on stage mentioned this. It's a rare occurrence. The musical is funny and touching and I think guys probably would get a lot out of it except they can't get past the fact that these are naked men "prancing" on the stage--so they shut it out of the realm of possibilities immediately without examining further. If there were a similar musical with naked women, you can be guaranteed that straight women would be included in the audiences. It's a musical--it's art, and the female form is beautiful. You'd also find hordes of straight men there, even though (or perhaps especially if) it were a lesbian musical. Not because of the music or the story, but because it's a naked woman on stage to excite them.

We're just built differently...

tjf67

http://forums.alpinezone.com/61759-forty-one-percent-skiers-female.html

this thread got me thinking........why are there so few women on not just this forum, but ski forums in general. Severine and Trekchick are regular contributors, Mogul Queen and SkiDiva pop in now and again, MRGisevil is sorely missed.

If 41% of skiers are women, where are they on the ole skiing intrawebs???

It's really not as simple as, chicks don't dig message boards. I'm a regular on the www.gatheringofthevibes.com message board. It's essentially a board of jamband / grateful dead type music fans. I've met countless people over the years through there to party with at music festivals or pre/post game celebration at concerts. At least once a month I'm hanging with friends I've met on there catching music somewhere. It is a very busy place, the traffic is easily ten times that of alpinezone.

The split of male to female on the gatheringofthevibes board is pretty much 50-50. Out of the top 30 posters; all with over 2000 posts in less than a years time as the board was reset last fall, 15 are men, 15 are women.

Why is that not the case here on alpinezone? If not 50-50, why do you suppose it's not at least 60-40 as opposed to the 97-3 that it is. Women clearly spend a lot of time on social sites on the net, perhaps even more so than men.

Greater female involvement here would be much welcomed.

If it is any indication from the amount of packages that show up on my front step I would say they are on shopping sites

mondeo

Re: men vs. women and beaty.
Ugly:
f-117_43.jpg

Beautiful:
Aero15G4.jpg

The difference: curves.

Women have curves. Men don't. women have beauty, men don't. Also why women with 6-packs just aren't as attractive as women with a couple percent more body fat.

mondeo

Interesting correlation, there.
Normally, correlation does not equal causation, but I'm willing to make an exception here.
Well, techinically, correlation does not imply causation. You just need to look at the facts to determine if there is a causative relationship.

I'd say there's a causitive relationship.

The lesbian driving a Subaru stereotype is very true in aim.

I was referring to the stereotype that a greater proportion of hippy chicks are lesbians than typical. While liberal and very accepting of all types of sexuality, I haven't found the prevalence of lesbians in the 'jam band scene' to be any greater than everyday society.

plus alot of girls are only lesbians until they are finished with college..sometimes they're called bar-sexuals..I have never been to a jamband concert so I have no idea what those chicks are like but I imagine there are some nappy headed hoes..not due to race and ethnicity but due to lack of shampoo..