• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why was GSS's "Do you lower the bar" thread locked?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
It wasn't getting nasty or contentious....The Vt. thread is not really the same as that discusses laws requiring the bar to be down...and GSS was merely asking opinions regarding whether other AZ'ers lower the bar.

There are many threads that overlap in topic that have never been shut down before? Just asking...as a curious AZ'er.

??

Because it was BVibert who locked the thread I understand...DMC left due to the mod power..but I'm staying here forever!!!!!! Woop woop

bvibert

Staff member
It wasn't getting nasty or contentious....The Vt. thread is not really the same as that discusses laws requiring the bar to be down...and GSS was merely asking opinions regarding whether other AZ'ers lower the bar.

There are many threads that overlap in topic that have never been shut down before? Just asking...as a curious AZ'er.

??

Like TBB said it was redundant. I'm sure if I looked I could find several other threads where the topic was discussed as well. I gave two other threads where the discussion could be continued if anyone thought it needed to be hashed out any further.

This is not the first time or the last time that we've locked a redundant thread.

bvibert

Staff member
For the record I purposely didn't merge the threads because there was no real discussion in latest thread, it was mostly people discussing how this has already been discussed several times before.

<-----Thinking of non-redundent thread ideas....PM me if you have any ideas...oh yeah and can I be a moderator???

Shit man I didn't know he was gone, really???? If so, that stinks. I enoyed his point of view and liked reading his posts.

I chatted with him on facebook and actually called him a pussy..because he let the haters win...but I think he's just taking a break..his Kashmir TR was epic!!!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I chatted with him on facebook and actually called him a pussy..because he let the haters win...but I think he's just taking a break..his Kashmir TR was epic!!!

Tell him to get his ass back on AZ.....I also always enjoyed reading his posts...I also always enjoyed his posts and point of view....and his taste in music!

Tell him to get his ass back on AZ.....I also always enjoyed reading his posts...I also always enjoyed his posts and point of view....and his taste in music!

he just didn't like the mods...I dislike most of the mods but I'm not gonna let them ruin my fun...