• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - Crosstown area - 9-5-09 RBBF

drjeff

RBBF = Ride Before Brewer's Fest ;) :beer:

Got out this AM about 8 and went over to explore the Crosstown Area trails which are about a mile South of the Carinthia Base area off Handle Road.(My wife dropped me off at the trailhead on her way for her AM coffee run) Lots of fun single track heading off a main work road which is part of the area wide Valley Trail. Started out doing to Sherwood Forest loop side of Crosstown. Taking Sherwood Forest to Lion Heart, then back up and around Sherwood Forest to Maid Marion to Friar Tuck and then back out to the main Crosstown Road. Then upto King Arthur to Robin Hood all the way to the bottom and then onto The Crusades and finally a really fun descent down to the main road in the Kingswood Development. Upto the to Valley Trail again over to Carinthia. Then I climbed up #16 to #15 to basically the bottom of the Sundance Triple and then descended into the base area to check out the set up for Brewer's Fest! Through the Main Base area, out the North Access Road and across the street into Timbercreek where my place is.

Total ride of 7.03 miles, 1100 calories of "beer space" was burned/created ;) Can't wait to see how many total feet I climbed when I get back home to CT and plug the Garmin in!

Just waiting for some friends from CT to arrive within the hour and then it's across the street to Brewer's Fest Day 1! :)

WoodCore

Awesome!! Sounds like a great ride! :beer: