• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 9-6-09 Downhill session RBBF

drjeff

A little late with the TR, but here goes anyway!

After waking up after day 1 of Brewer's Fest hangover free :), what better to do than grab my regular back in CT riding buddy, who along with his wife were staying with my wife and I for Brewer's Fest at out place and go do some downhill biking for a few hours before Day 2 of Brewer's Fest!

We rented some of the big DH bikes from Mount Snow sports and hit Canyon Quad right at 10AM. Started off with a run down trail 2 (which is basically the top of the One More Time ski Trail) on over to Snowdance and then down and across to what in the winter is the Lower Canyon Run. This trail wasn't on the bike map, but based on the rolling, banked switchbacks, built drop off and built bridges, they probably used this for one of the Kenda Cup races they've held/will hold this year at Mount Snow. This trail was a BLAST!!! And the vast majority of the folks on the mountain were lapping it all day!! Just set up really well with some fun terrain, drops, kicker, multiple banked switchbacks, bridges, Fun, fun, fun!!! Most of the day we just lapped that, with alternating between entering the run from Snowdance or Upper Canyon. Actually mangaged to take 1 run NOT on that loop where we took the #1 trail which basically traverse across from the top of Canyon Quad over to and across Ego Alley and then some tight single track through the Sap Tapper Gladed area and on out to the Sundance Trail where via switchbacks you got down to the Somerset Road ski Trail. From there we took the #6a trail (can't remember its name now) which went through the trees next to ego alley and then headed on over across to Standard and down to the base. Fun, but not as much fun as the trail on Lower Canyon!

End up with 10 runs in 2.5 hours before the urge to drink cold beers and the glorious smell of the pig they were roasting maybe 50 yards from the base of the Canyon Quad had me turning the bike in, and quickly changing into some dry clothes and spending the rest of the after noon drinking beers, eating some good food and shooting the breeze with some good friends! Just an awesome day!