• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SMUGGS

SKIQUATTRO

just booked 5 days at Smuggs for the end of Jan. How good is the ski school program for my 3.5 yr old. We had her skiing last season and will get a few days in before we to to Smuggs. I know Smuggs always gets "the best Family Resort" just would like to know if anyone has experienced it

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
You will have an outstanding time, although at 3 1/2 they will have her in and out on the snow. Did they say what building you'll be in? Ski in/out is so great there...funny thing though is we always ate at the top of the notch...get the venison stew or the NE Clam chowder....

Another big thing to make sure you figure out, is how quick you can make it back to Morse. Looking Down from Madonna you need to Take Ruthies fro Chilicoot ans waterfall...took a while not to miss it...Stay right unless you like tight narrow bumps on Gary's Northwest

Chris_skis

I have been a few times at Smuggs and this is indeed a very family friendly resort. They certainly have one of the best program for children. You child will love it.

I have not been there last year, so I am not sure if they have started to allow you to ski to Stowe. I believe this is an issue with the lift at Stowe; I think that you can get down to Stowe, but you can't go back to Smuggs, except for an expensive taxi ride.

djspookman

SKIQUATTRO said:
just booked 5 days at Smuggs for the end of Jan. How good is the ski school program for my 3.5 yr old. We had her skiing last season and will get a few days in before we to to Smuggs. I know Smuggs always gets "the best Family Resort" just would like to know if anyone has experienced it

nice!

you won't be dissapointed! I'll pm you more. I used to work with the little tikes and I made sure they had a fun ans positive experience, as do 98% of the instructors there!

The trails down on Morse are geared for beginners/intermetiates, (but there is some fun stuff for advanced skiiers too) and the trails at the upper mountains (Madonna and Sterling) are GREAT for the intermedaites/experts! Hint, if you find some woods trails, hop in but be careful!

dave

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Don't forget to pack bathing suits...

And take your daughter to the "fun-zone"...

After all that, it'll be bed-time by 7

Then you can hit the in-room jazuzzi

The condo's are very nice...

We usually pack and cook in the condo's, but there is a nice restaurant in Jeffersonville...

OH, and there is always the after ski beer at The Brewski....all the locals hang there...gotta get a long sleeve t from them...never mind that they have a great selection of suds...