• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GSS Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance. The guy has zero class. If you want that type of interesting, go to TGR. Good-humored flame wars, interesting skiing discussions, heated discussions, all good. Pissing matches have no place here, and that's all he was good at. +90% of what he posted was just noise, more irritating than spam.

His bitch-fests with Jerry and Phil were what started the downward spiral of negativity this summer, so far as I can tell.
I apologize again for my roll in that activity..

mondeo

I apologize again for my roll in that activity..
I've gotten too far into it with him too. But he's the common link between a lot of the garbage that's gone on this summer, always instigating crap just to watch the train wreck.

MR. evil

Hey Now .. I am a left wing liberal and I am very patriotic..:flag:

But are you patriotic enough to defend GSS's right to say what he wants about a politically charged topic like 9/11.

mondeo

There is no right to say whatever you want, whenever you want to ..
The first 10 amendments also don't control actions by private organizations. I love when people cry "Constitutional rights!" to actions taken that have absolutely no relationship to the government.

MR. evil

your confused about free speech and being patriotic ... when I served, free speech absolutely was not allowed in that organization..

When you 'served' you had a different set of rules to live by. The military and its personal are not subject by the bill of rights, its for us civilians. Most people don't even know what 'civilian' actually means. I hate it when cops refer to people as 'civilians' like thet are not.

bobbutts

Either you folks want a moderated forum, or not. Sorry, but we're not going to be able to please everyone.

+1
I don't really agree with a permanent ban in this case, but agree you should moderate the way you guys collectively think is right. I don't really see any other way to do things.

When you 'served' you had a different set of rules to live by. The military and its personal are not subject by the bill of rights, its for us civilians. Most people don't even know what 'civilian' actually means. I hate it when cops refer to people as 'civilians' like thet are not.
And when you post on this forum you also have a set of rules you must abide by too.

MR. evil

The first 10 amendments also don't control actions by private organizations. I love when people cry "Constitutional rights!" to actions taken that have absolutely no relationship to the government.

agreed, and I am fully aware of that. I find it funny that people get on GSS's case for being un patriotic, only to support actions takes against GSS that are also un-patriotic.

Patriotism is not just a love for ones country, it also a love for the principals the country was founded on. Too many people forget that last part.

MR. evil

And when you post on this forum you also have a set of rules you must abide by too.

Very true, but I am still tring to figure out exactly what rule he broke in that thread to get banned.

mondeo

Um, the Constitution applies to everybody in the country, military included. Not being able to speak freely while in the military is no different than not being able to cuss out your boss at work. It's a completely seperate issue than constitutionally enumerated rights.

drjeff

I think that everyone needs to rememeber as Greg and DHS said, GSS didn't get banned just for today, but for a multitude of past events that had him basically on what I'd imagine is "probation". Kind of like if someone at works screws up, they get a report in their file, and sooner or later IF they get enough reports and have received notice about it, they're going to get fired. Strong, tough work by the mods!

That being said, I do like Geoff's idea about letting GSS back as the snowguns get turned on and the 1st TR shows up, because his passion for this sport is remarkable and videos like the jib of the couch in the hotel are very entertaining. I'd say and extended "detention" followed by a loss of say 10,000 posts to his post count would be fair.

Lastly I think that Greg should change his signature to "You don't f*ck with 9-11" because in my book truer words can't be spoken :flag:

agreed, and I am fully aware of that. I find it funny that people get on GSS's case for being un patriotic, only to support actions takes against GSS that are also un-patriotic.

Patriotism is not just a love for ones country, it also a love for the principals the country was founded on. Too many people forget that last part.
If you were at a wake and somebody started running their mouth off about the decreased would you not show them to the door and ask them to leave?

mondeo

Very true, but I am still tring to figure out exactly what rule he broke in that thread to get banned.
This one?
Trolling: Any message deemed a "troll" post made only to instigate debate or conflict will be permanently deleted. Chronic offenders of this policy will be warned one time. If the behavior continues, the member may be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.