• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GSS Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

GSS would approve.

*sniff

86790840.BvT0Q4Rt.jpg

ccskier

As greg said was sor sale, call up a compay like internet brands and try to sell it to them and watch the whole site implode. The whole thing is stupid, live and let live or post ad let post. As I said, and have already been questioned about, he was a funny guy and once again people can't look past comments. Then when cosidering a sale, delete the number of message counts he has accounted for or the number that are accounted for him for the statistics he has brought forth when the sale happens. Like with anything, certain things sell a product etc.... Look at the crap that goes on tv, etc.... IE idol hiring ellen, she can sell gss's numbers also help sell. Waahhhh, another adult said something offensive, I don't say I agree nor disagree with his comment, wrong place wrong time sure, but so be it. As snoseek said, if you don't like it, block it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What about the people who have been personally attacked? They can block unprovoked attacks before they occur?

There have been several...

Whatever. It's done, it's over, move on.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
This entire debacle reminds me of what a few buddies of mine used to say back in grad school:

Everyone, or at least a lot of people on here, need to "Toughen up"!

Take things, especially on the internet with a grain of salt. Life is too short and too important to care so much about one person says or writes...especially if you don't agree with him/her.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
This entire debacle reminds me of what a few buddies of mine used to say back in grad school:

Everyone, or at least a lot of people on here, need to "Toughen up"!

Take things, especially on the internet with a grain of salt. Life is too short and too important to care so much about one person says or writes...especially if you don't agree with him/her.
But as mods we have a job to do..

tcharron

But as mods we have a job to do..

So in your opinion, what is that job?

I'd personally find it to immediately ban direct attack asshats, such as HS, or even snoman. HS is still here, and it took months for HS to get banned.

ski220

I personally felt much more disrespect and offense at tcharron's post,which was a point thought out, than GSS's insensitive off-hand comment.

9-11-09 the demise of couch skiing on AZ.

And to think he almost quit 2 years ago when I criticized him for not hiking the headwall at Jackson.

campgottagopee

I wasn't in the office yesterday so I'm playing catchup, so to speak. All I will say is this, that on such a day of remebrance, sorrow and forgiveness NOBODY recognized the FACT that GSS appologized in the 9/11 thread.

Banning him was, IMHO, wrong.

drjeff

I wasn't in the office yesterday so I'm playing catchup, so to speak. All I will say is this, that on such a day of remebrance, sorrow and forgiveness NOBODY recognized the FACT that GSS appologized in the 9/11 thread.

Banning him was, IMHO, wrong.

I'm guessing that the apology WOULDN'T have happened if there wasn't some likely back channel PM's between him + the mods.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I for one am glad to see him go. On numerous occasions, he has made comments to posts I have made and I had to bite my tongue. After watching his video, I say..Grow up!!! Your'e 30 years old and act like a teenager. Its no wonder he has no girlfriend for most of the time!

campgottagopee

I'm guessing that the apology WOULDN'T have happened if there wasn't some likely back channel PM's between him + the mods.

Could be Doc, dunno, but either way the kid manned up and made an appology. Again, really doesn't get my dander up either way it's just too bad cause the dude really likes to ski and post on this board.

campgottagopee

I for one am glad to see him go. On numerous occasions, he has made comments to posts I have made and I had to bite my tongue. After watching his video, I say..Grow up!!! Your'e 30 years old and act like a teenager. Its no wonder he has no girlfriend for most of the time!

Nice, way to kick a guy in the balls after he's gone. Wussy---just sayin'

drjeff

Could be Doc, dunno, but either way the kid manned up and made an appology. Again, really doesn't get my dander up either way it's just too bad cause the dude really likes to ski and post on this board.

Camp the only reason I say that is if you reread his posts right up until the apology, after the mods, amongst others had gotten involved in the thread, he had a few more what could be deemed as "in poor taste" comments, before the final apology and the banning. Had he almost immediately shot off the apology I'd be much more likely to take it as being of his own doing.

I will most definately miss the extreme passion for the sport that was clear via his posts (not to mention a bunch of his other stories here), but as has been said, the banning wasn't just because of yesterday, but a series of incidents over the years, and yesterdays was just the last "incident report" that was filed in his "employee record" and the bosses looking at the cumulative total of his "employee record" made the call that warnings/probabtion just wasn't an option anymore. And as someone who has had to make that very tough decision about folks before, I respect what the adims did.

campgottagopee

Camp the only reason I say that is if you reread his posts right up until the apology, after the mods, amongst others had gotten involved in the thread, he had a few more what could be deemed as "in poor taste" comments, before the final apology and the banning. Had he almost immediately shot off the apology I'd be much more likely to take it as being of his own doing.

I will most definately miss the extreme passion for the sport that was clear via his posts (not to mention a bunch of his other stories here), but as has been said, the banning wasn't just because of yesterday, but a series of incidents over the years, and yesterdays was just the last "incident report" that was filed in his "employee record" and the bosses looking at the cumulative total of his "employee record" made the call that warnings/probabtion just wasn't an option anymore. And as someone who has had to make that very tough decision about folks before, I respect what the adims did.

I went back and re-read, still feel emotions got the best of the mods on this one which ended up w/ GSS being booted. If you look back at that thread you'll see mods all jumping on the wagon kickin the shit out of the kid publicly. I think what may have promted the appology was the fact that his office manager told him that his comments were in bad taste. Who knows, obviously not me.

Paul

Nice, way to kick a guy in the balls after he's gone. Wussy---just sayin'

I'm getting more of a kick out of some of the backlash than the posts (or poster) that caused it. I'm especially enjoying all the oxymoronic posts that are coming out of the woodwork.

"That guy is immature and needs to grow-up and not make personal insults. What a <Insert immature, personal insult here>"

campgottagopee

i'm getting more of a kick out of some of the backlash than the posts (or poster) that caused it. I'm especially enjoying all the oxymoronic posts that are coming out of the woodwork.

"that guy is immature and needs to grow-up and not make personal insults. What a <insert immature, personal insult here>"

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.