• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GSS Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERJ-145CA

I for one am glad to see him go. On numerous occasions, he has made comments to posts I have made and I had to bite my tongue. After watching his video, I say..Grow up!!! Your'e 30 years old and act like a teenager. Its no wonder he has no girlfriend for most of the time!

IMO if you act old you get old though, so better to act younger.

snoseek

I for one am glad to see him go. On numerous occasions, he has made comments to posts I have made and I had to bite my tongue. After watching his video, I say..Grow up!!! Your'e 30 years old and act like a teenager. Its no wonder he has no girlfriend for most of the time!

You do know there is an ignore feature right?

All of you haters love the drama and you know it.

tarponhead

I went back and re-read, still feel emotions got the best of the mods on this one which ended up w/ GSS being booted. If you look back at that thread you'll see mods all jumping on the wagon kickin the shit out of the kid publicly. I think what may have promted the appology was the fact that his office manager told him that his comments were in bad taste. Who knows, obviously not me.

+10000 !!!! (all by me of course....)

BigJay

I'm not going to read the whole 17 pages of comments... but knowing the whole team behind AZ agreed on this, i won't drop a tear and hope for more constructive posts...

Bring on the snow season, we're ready!

Warp Daddy

OK --does eveerybody feel better now after 17 pages of emotional meltdown ---------Let's move on !

In the larger order of life----------------- this don't mean Sheeeeeit ! WGARA

hrstrat57

GSS, one of the best handles in the history of the internet......I hope he uses it if he signs up on epic or tgr.......

When popping in here infrequently GSS gave me quite a few LOL's

Hergini Coop74

Website
www.herlihyville.blogspot.com
Wow. I'm so amazed to see the time frame of most of these post on Friday..... I have a hard time believing you all work third shift, are self employed or a do nothing CEO. . . . May I have your job?

Everyone lighten up. It's only the internet and it shouldn't be taken seriously.

September 11, 2001 was one of the most memorable and best days of my life.

WooHoo - - Post #7!

JimG.

Staff member
Heh...it was only a matter of time.

I truly admired GSS's ability to generate free time.

hrstrat57

He used his real name on Epic.

Not on epic much these days either....haven't had the time to dial in the new format.......and many of my favorite posters aren't playing anymore.

He's already signed up huh?

I think he should reconsider....GSS is an awesome handle!!!

I'll have to check it out...thanks.

Paul

Wow. I'm so amazed to see the time frame of most of these post on Friday..... I have a hard time believing you all work third shift, are self employed or a do nothing CEO. . . . May I have your job?

Everyone lighten up. It's only the internet and it shouldn't be taken seriously.

September 11, 2001 was one of the most memorable and best days of my life.

WooHoo - - Post #7!

You know you don't want my job.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I do agree that people can become too uptight.

However, there isn't a thing I would say on the internet, especially 'here' that I wouldn't say to someone's face in real life. For better or for worse, I try and represent myself exactly as 'who I am' and try and be polite and respectful of others exactly as I would having met them for the first time.

The reason is, unlike certain other internet forums, Alpinezone (as I've always understood it's aim) is meant to be very much a networking site for people to get together and enjoy outdoor pursuits in New England 'off line'.

So, in saying all this. I and I know the rest of the mods, don't care much for trolls, internet bullies and overall high school locker room behavior. There are a thousand places on the internet where people can go do that. Some people will find the moderating of such behavior makes this place 'boring'. That's perfectly fine, they can go entertain themselves elsewhere.

Ultimately, the goal of Alpinezone is to be as welcoming a place as possible. Contrary to the belief of a very vocal minority, most new members don't want to hear, "Welcome to Alpinezone you fucking n00b"

Status
Not open for further replies.