• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GSS Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJenness

Personally, I'll miss GSS.

I liked reading his inane babble for some reason... and he had plenty of good posts too. I'm in the "can't be offended by something I read on the Internet" camp. I don't know what was said in the 9/11 thread, and I guess I don't really care... What's done is done.

This place will certainly be quieter without Steeze, and that will probably end up with me reading less, but who knows.

I also value the industry participation in this forum, and enjoy reading posts / stories from the 'insiders'... I hope that will continue / grow as I feel it is something that AZ has over other sites.

I'm a bit anxious to see what this forum will be like without him (I joined AZ about the same time as he did)... and exactly how different it will be.

As for his banning, I really can't say if I felt it was appropriate or not. I have not seen the comment(s) in question, or apparently other drama that Steeze was getting involved in (i.e. the family crisis mentioned by Greg that he apparently interjected himself into last summer).

-w

Last edited:

jaywbigred

I apologize again for my roll in that activity..

I've gotten too far into it with him too. But he's the common link between a lot of the garbage that's gone on this summer, always instigating crap just to watch the train wreck.

What the heck happened this summer??

That is a good one!

That's Michael Bolton from Office Space beating the printer, right? Obviously made to look like an animation and with a horse added over the printer...

I thought the same thing! Great scene.

Personally, I'll miss GSS.

Me too, but I am in no position to say whether or not banning him was right or wrong.

/Can't believe I just read the whole thread. Took me most of lunch.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm starting to think Greg may need to institute a policy like Epic's:
Dispute Resolution: General policy questions and discussions are welcome, and frequently discussed in the Community forums. However, do not start a thread or make public posts in any forum for the purpose of protesting or expressing displeasure with specific moderator decisions or actions. Do not submit posts or threads concerning banned individuals. If you disagree with an action or decision, send a private message to any moderator or administrator. Treat the moderators and administrators with the same courtesy you would any other member. Members concerns will be discussed among the moderator team. We may allow your issue to be heard and discussed in a private forum by the member Advisory Planning Group, and admit you to that group to represent your viewpoint. The goal of the moderator and administrative team is to serve the best interests of the EpicSki community; however we reserve the right to also consider the best interests of forum owners and management.

Obvious trolling as it is....

tcharron

So we're supposed to respect your opinions while you trash ours? :roll: Real mature...

At what point, exactly, in this thread, did you start

1) Speaking on behalf of Greg
2) Respecting the GSS lovers opinions?

I'm finding this whole thing funny, personally.

dmc

So we're supposed to respect your opinions while you trash ours? :roll: Real mature...

Sorry... you bore me.... that my opinion...

you suggest that I can't respond when your opinion is designed to squash my opinion... huh.... Well... Your married to a moderator - so - I abide to you...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
At what point, exactly, in this thread, did you start

1) Speaking on behalf of Greg
2) Respecting the GSS lovers opinions?

I'm finding this whole thing funny, personally.
I was not speaking on behalf of Greg. I never claimed that I was and I'm sorry if you assumed such as it is an erroneous assumption, as assumptions often are.

However, I am not the only one of this opinion.

To quote your god himself, "respect earns respect." Ask him why he's lost mine.

tcharron

I was not speaking on behalf of Greg. I never claimed that I was and I'm sorry if you assumed such as it is an erroneous assumption, as assumptions often are.

However, I am not the only one of this opinion.

To quote your god himself, "respect earns respect." Ask him why he's lost mine.

Then stop fighting with these guys, really. They haven't (to my knowledge) brought any of this fetid pile of dingos kindneys thread thus far outside of the thread (ok, there ARE two threads I guess).

Stop answering 'em. :-D

dmc

so far - so good... the thread is quiet.... shhhhhhhh..... make it go away.....

tcharron

so far - so good... the thread is quiet.... shhhhhhhh..... make it go away.....

No, everyone can really express their opinion. But bear in mind, ONE of the reasons he was banned was, for all practical purposes, calling mods names when they kindly asked him to knock it off.

dmc

No, everyone can really express their opinion. But bear in mind, ONE of the reasons he was banned was, for all practical purposes, calling mods names when they kindly asked him to knock it off.

I wasn't around for it... So I really don't know...

tcharron

I wasn't around for it... So I really don't know...

Well, seriously, are you thinking that all of the mods who chimed in are just totally lying their arses off? None of us would know what happened in PM land.

Status
Not open for further replies.