• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The GSS appreciation thread

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
His posts were entertaining and he added something to the board...he will be missed regardless of what the Mods or others think.

I didn't always necessarily agree with what he had to say...and at times, I believe, I called him out on it....the way that you do on an internet forum.

ERJ-145CA

let me know when your ready to try and ride the log again.

rotflmao

I capitalized it WTF happened?
Another edit. Why did my WTF stay capitalized but my ROTFLMAO didn't?
Hey it stayed capitalized that time...WTF. I need some lessons in forum formatting I guess.

Last edited:

tcharron

Your right....if you find that type of stuff interesting....:roll:

Without question, there where a whole lot of small snide comments that where just 'flair posts'. But he also supported individuals when they asked questions. He gave his honest opinion, and generally speaking, didn't shit all over everyone else.

Degrading GSS by insinuating he never had anything productive to say is a mild form of shitty, but still shitty.

bvibert

Staff member
rotflmao

I capitalized it WTF happened?
Another edit. Why did my WTF stay capitalized but my ROTFLMAO didn't?
Hey it stayed capitalized that time...WTF. I need some lessons in forum formatting I guess.

It's the anti-shouting filter that's been installed for awhile now. If the post contains nothing but CAPS then it's automatically 'un-capped'. As long as there's un-capitalized letters in the post then it leaves it alone.

tcharron

Are we talking about the same guy??

*shrug* I asked a whole slew of gaper questions the last few years, including in PMs. Sure, GSS would play around poking a bit, but never once would I EVER get the impression, "Dude, STFU, U mororn!". Now, I'm gonna give a disclaimer. I rarely left the ski forums. Apparently, others had the opinion that he has gone all sorts of HighwayStar on some guys. But I never saw it go to that extent. And I'm really not the only one here.

I AM amazed that he gets banned over a long period of infractions, and HighwayStar has STRAIT out called nearly all of us 'U N3wb M0r0n!', and not been banned on the spot for directly calling a whole lot people idiots.

Geoff

Are we talking about the same guy??

Guess not. Doogie was an equal opportunity shitter. It's an internet persona, not personal.

When I exited out of here for a few weeks last spring after some kind of Greg slight that I've since forgotten about that offended me, Dougie dumped all over me. I have no problem with that since that's his internet persona. The guy has a really lousy signal-to-noise ratio but you can't fault his passion for skiing. Every message board needs their foil, village idiot, whatever. He was it here and it was entertaining most of the time. A decade ago, he had that role on SkiVT-L and I thought it was entertaining there, too. If you don't like it, just don't read it or use the message board filtering mechanism to make him vanish completely.