• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lodging near Sugarbush, Mad River, Middlebury...

Joshua B

I'm trying to plan a little getaway for my birthday this Saturday. Can anyone suggest a hotel or inn that allows one-night booking on a weekend? If there are none, I might want to stay Fri & Sat. How is the Sugar Lodge in Warren?

Joshua B

I spend so much time on AlpineZone's boards that I forget to check out the features of the web site. :roll: Thanks Greg!

Greg

Staff member
Happy [belated] Birthday!

J

jlangdale

If it were me, I would hit the Sugarbush Inn. It's close to south base area. However, there are some other places in Waitsfield that might be nice and cheaper. I pass them all the time but cannot recall the names, sorry. I'll be at south taking pictures this Sat.

Joshua B

I almost did that Greg, because the place I was looking at did not require a two night stay on the weekend I was looking at (last weekend). I ended up not going away and skiing this weekend due to Sunday afternoon/evening storm. I only wish I had taken yesterday off instead! Looks like my next opportunity to ski will be this Friday.

Greg, thanks for the birthday wish. 32!

jlangdale, have you already posted your pictures?

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Greg, thanks for the birthday wish. 32!
Wow. You old fart. You got me beat...

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Yeah yeah Greg. :-? But I'm the youngest 32 year old I know. :D
Don't fret...you only got me by a couple of years. And yes, age is defined by attitude, not years, for sure...

O

oldhippie

...snip..

>>>And yes, age is defined by attitude, not years, for sure...

I'm 23, born in '49.

:D