• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2009/2010 Demo Days

bvibert

Staff member

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Another way to demo is to pay. You can often rent for the day a "performance" ski from an off-site shop, for about $5-10 more than a regular rental.

A better pay option are places like Stowe and Wachusett which have a demo center on the hill. For one flat rate, you can demo whatever they have in stock all day long. I switch around every run or two, depending how much I'm liking the boards. This is a better way to do demos, a more immediate comparison, similar to how demo days operated.

You'll find from the calendar that most demo days are early in the season. I tend to get more cranked up about demo'ing later in the season when conditions improve and the options for different types of trails increase.

Rushski

Anyone know what "hot" equipment to try at Sunapee on March 4th. Not looking to buy any time soon, so just want to go out and see what the brands are putting out there.

Haven't done a demo day in quite a many years and looking forward to it...

57stevey

Anyone know what "hot" equipment to try at Sunapee on March 4th. Not looking to buy any time soon, so just want to go out and see what the brands are putting out there.

+1 on this question... I need something wider than my 70mm's for those new snow days, but haven't quite decided whether I want to float over the stuff or just blast it out of the way...

hammer

+2...haven't decided for sure but me and the spouse may go that day. Would actually be looking more for her...she's been in her novice/intermediate skis for several years and it may be a good time to see what else is available.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If you are over 55 there are some good ticket deals around:

Burke - Over 55? $20 off a Tuesday ticket
Black Mountain NH – Speaking of 55… Breakfast Club - 55 and up ski all day for $20.00 includes breakfast and a black mountain travel mug.

Next year for me!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Cheap Ski and Demo Day @ Sunapee March 6th

For those who like to see what is coming out for next year and want to enjoy of skiing for less check this out - Demo Day at Sunapee March 6th.

Ken Jones Ski Mart in Nashua is hosting a private manufacturers demo day at Sunapee on March 6. Lift tickets + demo pass is $35 and must be purchased in advance from Ken Jones. Atomic, Fischer and Dynastar are supposed to be there ... probably others as well. (Ken Jones also stocks K2, Salomon, Nordica, Stockli, Volkl and others)
http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/ order tickets here till March 2nd.

tune up coupon: http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=50

hammer

For those who like to see what is coming out for next year and want to enjoy of skiing for less check this out - Demo Day at Sunapee March 6th.

Ken Jones Ski Mart in Nashua is hosting a private manufacturers demo day at Sunapee on March 6. Lift tickets + demo pass is $35 and must be purchased in advance from Ken Jones. Atomic, Fischer and Dynastar are supposed to be there ... probably others as well. (Ken Jones also stocks K2, Salomon, Nordica, Stockli, Volkl and others)
http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/ order tickets here till March 2nd.

tune up coupon: http://www.proctorjones.com/pjonline/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=50
I think this is actually on Thursday the 4th...I was planning on going.

The pass cost covers the lift ticket, demos, and I believe Sunapee also provides a lunch voucher.

Rushski

I think this is actually on Thursday the 4th...I was planning on going.

The pass cost covers the lift ticket, demos, and I believe Sunapee also provides a lunch voucher.

I'm there with about 7 or 8 others. Anyone have any ideas what to test? Not sure of what is out there for next year's models...

Also, they limit the amount of tickets they sell, so get yours soon.

57stevey

Just got my ticket online. My mission was to try some mid-80's waist skis and see whether I want to go towards lighter and floaty (Sultan? Afterburner?) or heavy and damp (IM82? 777?) for chowder and spring conditions. So I was hoping for more of a soft snow day than the forecast is calling for, but still should be fun. (Back when they had this event at Cannon one could always count on a variety of marginal conditions for test purposes :spin:)

Haven't done this for about 5 years so I'm all ears for suggestions/recommendations. Thanks!

hammer

Just got my ticket online. My mission was to try some mid-80's waist skis and see whether I want to go towards lighter and floaty (Sultan? Afterburner?) or heavy and damp (IM82? 777?) for chowder and spring conditions. So I was hoping for more of a soft snow day than the forecast is calling for, but still should be fun. (Back when they had this event at Cannon one could always count on a variety of marginal conditions for test purposes :spin:)

Haven't done this for about 5 years so I'm all ears for suggestions/recommendations. Thanks!
I have all-mountain skis in the 70s now, so my plans are to try some groomer skis first and then try some wider all-mountain skis as the day goes on and the snow softens and gets choppy. Will be nice if there are any Wateas to check out.

My spouse is still on her first set of skis (shaped skis but several years old) and I'm hoping to have her check out something more substantial, depending on her comfort level.

I'm not in the market to replace my skis but it's nice to "window shop" on occasion.

57stevey

I have all-mountain skis in the 70s now, so my plans are to try some groomer skis first and then try some wider all-mountain skis as the day goes on and the snow softens and gets choppy. Will be nice if there are any Wateas to check out.

Roger that. IIRC though, when this was at Cannon the event shut down around 2-ish? So you may not want to wait too long if you have a specific ski/length in mind and it's available early.

Maybe someone who has been more recently than I can chime in on the timing of things.

Rushski

I also am just window shopping as I'm happy with what I have and boots will probably be my next purchase/project. Interesting to see that some demo days shut down pretty early. Haven't done one in many years so didn't think of that possibility...

Rushski

Most demo days are in the the early season, before Xmas holiday.

The few demo days I've done many years ago were always early in the season, so knew what was coming out.

This one being next year's stuff is interesting as there isn't much on the ol' web about next year's models...