• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Pisgah 9/18/09

Zand

Sorry, hit a button by accident. There are no photos or videos in this TR (yet).

Date(s) Hiked: Friday 9/18/09

Trails(s) Hiked: South Trail?

Total Distance: Nothing much... maybe 1.5 miles round trip

Difficulty: Easy for the most part... a few steep sections that were tough on my lard ass

Conditions: Were dry, then it rained for the first time since the Reagan administration

Special Required Equipment: Nothing

Trip Report:

Hiked Pisgah with the rest of the LSC Met dep't this morning. Started off calm with temps around 60, but we knew the cold front was heading in (which is a good thing haha). Temps actually warmed a bit on the way up, then above 2,200' started to cool off. Leading edge of the cold front came in around 11 when we were at the lookout at the top. Temps dropped to around 40-45 with a whipping wind sending wind chills into the 30s and a quick shower with a few ice pellets mixed in. Upon returning to the base, temps never went back above 50. With the sun back out, temps have recovered to around 60 here in Lyndonville, but 20s at night this weekend will be nice.

Hike back down was wet but not too bad. Overall a fun hike and an absolutely sick view off that lookout at the top, complete with a 1,700' drop off the cliff. I don't have any pics, but a few of the others took some.

My next hike will be with the Met dep't again next Saturday on Washington. Gonna get my ass kicked, but it should be very worth it. Beyond that, hopefully 4-5 weeks till ski season.

gimme789

Mt Pisgah - is that the same mountain as the old Bobcat ski area ? Any thing happening at the area ? It hasnt been open in at least a few years now :)