Thread Management

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Thread Management

is there a way to ignore an entire thread so it doesn't show up on my screen?

shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

as far as I know, you can only ignore individual users, not actual threads. Though that would be a nice feature.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    is there a way to ignore an entire thread so it doesn't show up on my screen?
    Don't stop your mouse from rolling over it....and don't collect $200.

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Don't stop your mouse from rolling over it....and don't collect $200.

I was going to say - try some self control and just don't click...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Step away from the mouse.

NOW!!!!!!!!!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post

I was going to say - try some self control and just don't click...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Step away from the mouse.
    i agree, u think it'd be that easy but with all the complaining last winter about the number of Sundown threads and the call for a dedicated sundown forum i figured it was worth asking to help out those who can't resist the click.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

If you are browsing new posts only, you can remove specific forums from showing up. My new post link removes the daily gear forum. If you were to eliminate the Miscellaneous forum, that would probably clean up your new post screen of most of the junk
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i agree, u think it'd be that easy but with all the complaining last winter about the number of Sundown threads and the call for a dedicated sundown forum i figured it was worth asking to help out those who can't resist the click.
    gmcunni FTW!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    If you are browsing new posts only, you can remove specific forums from showing up. My new post link removes the daily gear forum. If you were to eliminate the Miscellaneous forum, that would probably clean up your new post screen of most of the junk
    How does one accomplish this?
    I also do the Twitters.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/search....new&exclude=30

That is the link I have bookmarked. I assume the Gear Deal forum is forum number 30. Though it looks like the thread links are currently drawing from the naming convention instead of the numbering system. Names make it easier to see where you are by referencing the URL but numbers certainly make manipulating things a lot easier. I am not sure if the forum numbering convention even does anything any more if it is no longer the active default. Greg or one of the Mods would be better able to take it from here and provide a forum number list if appropriate. There was a thread on this at one time but I have no idea what key words to search for.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information