Thread Management - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
    Better is to ignore the Facebook friend request and send them a LinkedIn request.
    qft
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    qft
    I stole that idea from a friend. An addendum to that rule is that you might be okay with friending business acquaintances if you've been out drinking with them.
    ~ Marie
    "Decide what to be, and go be it."



  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
    That's been an interesting balance for me. I would prefer to not "friend" business acquaintances; or issue a disclaimer when I do allow them. "Sure, you can be my friend, but be prepared to deal with pictures of my kids, the lake, sunsets, me with my kids; stupid status updates, stupid comments from my kids; the list is long. Still wanna be my friend?!?" ; - )

    Better is to ignore the Facebook friend request and send them a LinkedIn request.
    Well they try to contact me.. The person who who i suspect was responsible for laying me off tried to befriend me on Facebook when it was known i was heading back as a user of the product. She didn't even say goodbye - she also tried on SKYPE.. Pissed me off..

    But there are people from my old job that I'm Facebook friends with... Including the CEO..

    I've cultivated a big list of professional friends on LinkedIn and it's actually found me and friends gigs...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post

    I've cultivated a big list of professional friends on LinkedIn and it's actually found me and friends gigs...
    I signed up early on LinkedIn, but hardly ever go on there anymore. Just the other day
    one of my co-workers mentioned to me how active my company is on there with professional relationships. I really need to check them out again.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    I signed up early on LinkedIn, but hardly ever go on there anymore. Just the other day
    one of my co-workers mentioned to me how active my company is on there with professional relationships. I really need to check them out again.
    One of the management podcasts I listen to recently ran a two parter on Linkedin calling it one of the most important things a professional needs to do. That was quite an endorsement. That podcast was hot on the heals of a big magazine piece on it (Fortune, perhaps?). I still am not on Linkedin as I thought of it as more of a Facebook for professionals but it seems like it is getting traction as reputable and legit networking and not "social" networking. I am going to have to take a look.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
    I stole that idea from a friend. An addendum to that rule is that you might be okay with friending business acquaintances if you've been out drinking with them.
    i went so far as to removed reference to my current employer from my facebook account. posting "blowing off work to get some skiing this afternoon" just don't need to be seen.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i went so far as to removed reference to my current employer from my facebook account. posting "blowing off work to get some skiing this afternoon" just don't need to be seen.
    You know you can select who sees your status updates, right?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    I signed up early on LinkedIn, but hardly ever go on there anymore. Just the other day
    one of my co-workers mentioned to me how active my company is on there with professional relationships. I really need to check them out again.
    thats a good thing....

    My professional network intersects in the strangest places. One of my new co-workers is LinkedIn with my high school best friend. I found this out and called him. It was a ready made strong reference.

    LinkedIn is great - it's a really good job finding tool.
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    You know you can select who sees your status updates, right?
    yeah i know.. but i'm too lazy to do it.

    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:58 PM.