• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 24 Hour GSS Bitch Fest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

faceplant

kneel before Zod

ok- been biting my tongue on this 1 but just cant resist a bitchfest
plus i better get this in before moe starts a dos attack or whatevr.....

not gonna get into what was said & who was warned or how many times
or who's the immature one
yada yada its played (still biting tongue)
bottom line- its gregs board anyway

all i ask is- is a permanent ban the right thing to do?
will it even work?

I mean remember when Jorel banned general Zod into eternal living death of the >phantom zone< ?
it didnt really work, did it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0&feature=related

well isnt gss in his own >phantom zone< now-?
able to read all these posts..............but not able to respond
you can only keep a guy like that down for so long
you feel me?

so- I"m with dr jeff
temporary ban for gss
........to go with his temporary insanity
:smile:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
FTW.........This could be AZ's longest day.......I see a marathon tonite. Posting history will be made and it'll be a win/win. Excellent gimmick to amp up the post count sans GSS. Stay tuned, because this is gonna get really good................
HAHAHA! I'm actually off from work tomorrow. Bring on the marathon!

tarponhead

The final message from FREE GSS HQ before the crackdown...

I laughed my a$$ off on that one... thank you. By the way, I still want my t-shirt....

To the mods; I'm newbie-worthless here but please hear me out;

1) You banned him originally on the "9/11 is sacred" angle.
2) Then you switched gears and said it was a result of cumulative behaivor.

Don't add up. To be fair, from what I have seen here you have been generaly very good but I just don't understand this particular desicion.

To the lurking GSS:

1) your passion to skiing is unquestionable. For that reason I love reading the 5% of your posts that reflect that.
2) Your 30 yo, That caries certain expectations on "how you play". Time to walk away from the computer before hitting the send button. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
3) Hope I get to meet you at Blue. I'll be the guy at the upper (gaper) lot during lunch grilling burgers for my boys.

Any snow guns going on yet?.....

tcharron

Of course, the TRICK is, Greg is gonna turn on thread ads on this puppy and make a bit 'o cashage! :-D

Dr Skimeister

Complaints to a TV network about it's programing or to a publication about it's contents will get a cursory letter from some middle management shlub or shlubette. Much more effect is gotten by complaining to the advertisers of said programing.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Bogus. Horribly Bogus. I think W Jenness' post was very accurate....

Just read all this stuff....I don't think the Mod Squad got as many PM's as have been written in support of GSS in the many GSS threads.

To sacrifice the many (supporters) for the few (distractors) is just so uncivilized, unvulcan (remember Spock's quote from ST2?) and just not very cool...something very not supportive of the ski lifestyle!

Free GSS

20:00 Update.. FREE GSS HS

I see an Oscar in your future...been laughing my ass off!

Okay, my $.02;

love 'em, hate 'em or somewhere in the middle, I think its BS that you're going to censor any and all future GSS related forums. This is a community forum,without all of the people on here posting and being involved this place wouldn't exist...it would just be Greg and a few of his buddies sending each other emails about seeded bumps. It takes a village...and we're all village people here, newbies, 5k count posters, mods, sundowners, snowboarders, bumpers, stoners, moms, dads, gapers and rippers.

Here's something quite a few members of the community obviously want to continue to talk about but you've threatened...no, promised, to put a stop to it. You've decided to ignore certain members of the community whose opinion you disagree with...and even worse than just ignoring it, you're BANNING us from talking about it.

The story is GSS broke the rules for a long time and flaunted it, got warning after warning, etc...he did not respect your authority (someone please dig up the cartman video). So, okay, I can get it, may not agree with it..but I can understand it...rules are rules...can't speed, don't walk your dog on the beach, no skateboarding on sidewalks, etc...if we didn't follow these types of rules it would be anarchy. But what rule are you enforcing by banning the entire community from talking about GSS? Did I miss this one in the forum rules? I get locking threads where people get nasty or hostile towards each other...but banning an entire topic because you don't like it...seems pretty paranoid and petty.

So, DMC, its time for another video...its not just GSS that needs to be freed, its the entire AZ community. This isn't China...its not Russia, Iran, or North Korea,,,its the freaking chatweb, its the AZ in the good ole US of A...FREE THE AZ :flag: POWDER TO THE PEOPLE :snow:

Hawkshot99

To sacrifice the many (supporters) for the few (distractors) is just so uncivilized,

Or it could be they dont run around crying about it.

Just like the majority of us dont spend all of our time skiing bumps at sundown, but you would think so by how much it is posted about.

wa-loaf

I see an Oscar in your future...been laughing my ass off!

Okay, my $.02;

love 'em, hate 'em or somewhere in the middle, I think its BS that you're going to censor any and all future GSS related forums. This is a community forum,without all of the people on here posting and being involved this place wouldn't exist...it would just be Greg and a few of his buddies sending each other emails about seeded bumps. It takes a village...and we're all village people here, newbies, 5k count posters, mods, sundowners, snowboarders, bumpers, stoners, moms, dads, gapers and rippers.

Here's something quite a few members of the community obviously want to continue to talk about but you've threatened...no, promised, to put a stop to it. You've decided to ignore certain members of the community whose opinion you disagree with...and even worse than just ignoring it, you're BANNING us from talking about it.

The story is GSS broke the rules for a long time and flaunted it, got warning after warning, etc...he did not respect your authority (someone please dig up the cartman video). So, okay, I can get it, may not agree with it..but I can understand it...rules are rules...can't speed, don't walk your dog on the beach, no skateboarding on sidewalks, etc...if we didn't follow these types of rules it would be anarchy. But what rule are you enforcing by banning the entire community from talking about GSS? Did I miss this one in the forum rules? I get locking threads where people get nasty or hostile towards each other...but banning an entire topic because you don't like it...seems pretty paranoid and petty.

So, DMC, its time for another video...its not just GSS that needs to be freed, its the entire AZ community. This isn't China...its not Russia, Iran, or North Korea,,,its the freaking chatweb, its the AZ in the good ole US of A...FREE THE AZ :flag: POWDER TO THE PEOPLE :snow:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Philpug

I have been keeping quiet through this and keep my opinion to myself. Spending 10 years + in moderating both at Epic and other forums, I can assure you banning a member is is never taken lightly and is always well discussed and is truly the last resort.

GSS hangs out as PASR, if you want to chat with him I am sure you are welcome to head over there. But to keep complaining about it here is unfair and disrespectful to the site owners here. If you don't like the guidelines set up, you are welcome to start your own forum.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm just amazed that so many of you legitimately are GSS groupies and waging jihad :lol: for some person you've never even met. The funny thing is, he went on campaign to recruit you all from the very start, had no shame in admitting his post whoredom. The guys desire for 100% attention and devotion all the time is something to behold and many of you suckers lap it up like a crappy top 40 tune.

To be honest, some of the defense of steeze and the blind adoration by many of the fools here trying to reinstate him is more entertaining to me than the often funny posts by the man, the myth, the steeze, himself.

The mods get criticized from time to time of taking the internet too seriously.......but I think the steeze jihadist need to mellow a bit more.

that said, I back Greg's stance on enough is enough. Ultimately such threads turns into giant flame wars and total negativity, which can get down right ugly to sort through. Yes, anyone can skip over the gss threads (ya'll can also skip over sundown threads too ;) ) but at some point ya gotta just be real with the fact that old yeller and coming back :lol:

.........but don't cry........old yellar might not be coming back to alpinezone........but you can pet him all you want and keep letting him hump your leg while he simultaneously pisses in your water bowl.......

HERE:

Ya'll can have as much steeze as you want.................Andyzee, here's a layup. Steeze is 24/7full monty at www.noshitzone.com 100% unadulterated steeze. It's like Satelitte Howard Stern, but for Steeze.

signed,

resident moderhater dhs

I know, it also sucked for the Griswalds to find wally world closed. Feel free to shoot me in the ass with a bb gun on a roller coster :razz:

ccskier

I have said it before, if steeze was/is such a nuisance than also permanately delete all of his post/threads, etc... and then use that data when speaking with sponsors. I bet that the amount of posts he generated would be detrimental when sharing information with prospects. Thats all I have on the subject.

Last edited:

dmc

The mods get criticized from time to time of taking the internet too seriously.......but I think the steeze jihadist need to mellow a bit more.

Dude... We're just havin fun... You got to get the joke..

I really think your taking the internet too seriously.. really....

Status
Not open for further replies.