• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 24 Hour GSS Bitch Fest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
Okay, everybody. I don't want to be accused of not allowing you all to express your opinions. I think we've been pretty patient, but I'm locking down the two other GSS threads. This is your final chance to bitch, moan, whine, commend the mods ( :lol: ) on the whole GSS thing.

This thread will be left up for 24 hours so get it all out there while you have the chance. Any new GSS-related threads that get started will be locked or deleted so this is the final chance. Knock yourselves out. And if any of you think your helping his cause, you're only making it worse so keep that in mind. Enjoy yourselves, and don't embarrass yourselves too much... :razz:

tcharron

popcorn.gif

MR. evil

Whats the harm in keeping those threads open. If certain people don't like them, then they don't have to read them. It's pretty Fg simple if you ask me.

snoseek

GSS is sooooo last week!

I kind of miss his nonsense though.

tjf67

Okay, everybody. I don't want to be accused of not allowing you all to express your opinions. I think we've been pretty patient, but I'm locking down the two other GSS threads. This is your final chance to bitch, moan, whine, commend the mods ( :lol: ) on the whole GSS thing.

This thread will be left up for 24 hours so get it all out there while you have the chance. Any new GSS-related threads that get started will be locked or deleted so this is the final chance. Knock yourselves out. And if any of you think your helping his cause, you're only making it worse so keep that in mind. Enjoy yourselves, and don't embarrass yourselves too much... :razz:

"And if any of you think your helping his cause, your only making it worse so keep that in mind". HAHA my dad used to say stuff like that. TICK TICK TICK. I think GSS is a tool but he is not the only one:wink:

dmc

The final message from FREE GSS HQ before the crackdown...

highpeaksdrifter

There's never been any love lost between myself and GSS. Even so, I have to admit I feel sorry for him being banned cause we all know how much posting here met to him.

I guess I just don't like seeing people being excluded. It's happened to me and I'm sure most everyone at some point in their life and we all know it's not a good feeling.

WJenness

There's never been any love lost between myself and GSS. Even so, I have to admit I feel sorry for him being banned cause we all know how much posting here met to him.

I guess I just don't like seeing people being excluded. It's happened to me and I'm sure most everyone at some point in their life and we all know it's not a good feeling.

I'm with HPD on this one.

I didn't read the 'nail in the coffin' comment(s), so I can't say in the end (and it isn't my forum to say, anyway)... But I will say, there has been plenty of thinly veiled (and some not so) political talk on here that has never resulted in the ban hammer being wielded before... So I can certainly see how some would say that the mods were looking for an excuse to ban him...

In the end, this place meant a lot to the Steeze, and whether you want to admit it or not, he added plenty of value (read: Impressions) to this site... He is/was responsible for MANY page views (both his directly and those generated by his posts indirectly), and him going away will no doubt have an effect on the bottom line of the site.

He may have been a little out of line at times, but I found most of his posts passionate, amusing, and sometimes even informative (I never had a desire to ski blue mountain, and for the most part still don't, but I know that if I ever do, I shouldn't speed on Paradise).

Like it or not, this is a different place without GSS. It's quieter...

I'm disappointed that we won't have any couch jibbing videos this early season, or a TR about a hill on the side of the road... threads like that showed Steeze's passion for the sport, a passion which found a home on this forum, and in some ways helped this forum blossom.

My entire time on AZ has been spent with him around (I joined about the same time he did) so I can't comment on life 'pre-GSS', but his character, devotion and voice is one of the reasons I kept coming back to this site.

I'd love to see him back, but it's Greg's atomic hammer to wield as he sees fit.

GSS or no GSS, I'll probably still be around, but I probably won't be refreshing as much, as I won't be trying to keep up with the Steezyness like I have been in the past.

FREE GSS!

Thanks for reading my rant.

And for cripes sake, let it snow soon so this board can return to normal!

-w

Status
Not open for further replies.