New Header!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Header!

New Header!

How do you like our newly designed header (take a look at the top of the page). The update was long overdue. I hope you like it.

A special thanks to jlangdale for his design of the righthand graphic and help with the overall layout. Thanks Jon! You're one talented graphics guy!

I'll be applying this header to the rest of the site shortly...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Yeah it's nice. The site has a great look. The cool blues, whites, and greys really work. Nice shot of Sugarbush.

jlangdale

Wheeee

Looks very spiff! Glad to help.

Anyone wanting to see some of the other versions, check out: http://www.assemblance.net/gallery/misc

At the risk of redundantly sounding reduntant, it looks great!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Thanks everyone. What do you all think of the new Knife Edge pic on the Hiking pages:

http://hiking.alpinezone.com/

A special thanks to Chomp (aka Tim Scott) for letting me use his awesome image. And of course, to jlangdale for doing the editing. Great job!

IndyJones
    Looks awesome...I like the mountain shot on the right. Great work!

Nice. Though on my monitor the translucent lower area is almost virtually all black for the knife edge shot.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ
    Nice. Though on my monitor the translucent lower area is almost virtually all black for the knife edge shot.
    Thanks for the feedback. The lower area for me is about as translucent as the Sugarbush pic is. Color correction is a true art form, I guess...

Maybe everyone should contribute to buy me a 21" LCD display so I can see AlpineZone the way it was meant to be seen...

jlangdale
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ
    Maybe everyone should contribute to buy me a 21" LCD display so I can see AlpineZone the way it was meant to be seen...
    Strange, at work on my 20" dell PC monitor the hiking faded image ramps to the solid middle fine. But at home on my Apple Cinema 23" LCD display it doesn't match. But on my 17" Powerbook laptop it looks fine. Very weird. So, I guess the point of this is an expensive 23" LCD won't help you.

Thread Information