• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Header!

Greg

Staff member
How do you like our newly designed header (take a look at the top of the page). The update was long overdue. I hope you like it.

A special thanks to jlangdale for his design of the righthand graphic and help with the overall layout. Thanks Jon! You're one talented graphics guy! :)

I'll be applying this header to the rest of the site shortly...

Joshua B

Yeah it's nice. The site has a great look. The cool blues, whites, and greys really work. Nice shot of Sugarbush.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks everyone. What do you all think of the new Knife Edge pic on the Hiking pages:

http://hiking.alpinezone.com/

A special thanks to Chomp (aka Tim Scott) for letting me use his awesome image. And of course, to jlangdale for doing the editing. Great job!

I

IndyJones

Looks awesome...I like the mountain shot on the right. Great work!

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
Nice. Though on my monitor the translucent lower area is almost virtually all black for the knife edge shot.
Thanks for the feedback. The lower area for me is about as translucent as the Sugarbush pic is. Color correction is a true art form, I guess...

J

jlangdale

MichaelJ said:
Maybe everyone should contribute to buy me a 21" LCD display so I can see AlpineZone the way it was meant to be seen...
:D

Strange, at work on my 20" dell PC monitor the hiking faded image ramps to the solid middle fine. But at home on my Apple Cinema 23" LCD display it doesn't match. But on my 17" Powerbook laptop it looks fine. Very weird. So, I guess the point of this is an expensive 23" LCD won't help you.

Greg

Staff member
It looks great to me on both my 19" Dell LCD at work and my 19" Dell Trinitron CRT at home.

jlangdale said:
Strange, at work on my 20" dell PC monitor the hiking faded image ramps to the solid middle fine. But at home on my Apple Cinema 23" LCD display it doesn't match. But on my 17" Powerbook laptop it looks fine. Very weird. So, I guess the point of this is an expensive 23" LCD won't help you.
Also, I replaced the PNG versions of that image this morning with a JPG. Maybe that's why it's better...?

J

jlangdale

Greg said:
Also, I replaced the PNG versions of that image this morning with a JPG. Maybe that's why it's better...?

I'll check it again on my G5 23" display tonight and see if there is a difference.

Greg

Staff member
I just uploaded our new Lodging header:

http://lodging.alpinezone.com/

A special thanks to Mike Simons from the Mountain Club on Loon for letting us use his pic. And, another thanks to jlangdale for his great image editing work! :)