• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I have already requested that Friday off from work. I think this is the first time I have ever requested a day off from work for skiing more than one week away.

Greg

Staff member
Lodging Package

Here is the lodging package that the folks up at the Loaf put together for us:

AlpineZone Summit
March 26-28, 20

AlpineZone Package - $136 per person for the whole weekend*

Package Includes:
  • Two Nights of Lodging
  • Lift Ticket for Saturday
  • Free Lift Ticket For Sunday (pick-up at the AlpineZone Après Party on Saturday)
  • Free Friday Welcome Party
  • Free Saturday Après Party
  • Free Sunday First Tracks
*Packages based on maximum occupancy in a condominium unit. Tax and resort fees not included. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions.

To reserve, call 800-THE-LOAF and mention the “AlpineZone Summit” or email lodging@sugarloaf.com to reserve your trip.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

AlpineZone Summit
March 26-28, 20

Package Includes:
  • Two Nights of Lodging
  • Free Lift Ticket For Sunday (pick-up at the AlpineZone Après Party on Saturday)
*Packages based on maximum occupancy in a condominium unit. Tax and resort fees not included. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions.

To reserve, call 800-THE-LOAF and mention the “AlpineZone Summit” or email lodging@sugarloaf.com to reserve your trip.

First off, awesome. Thanks a lot.

Second, when it says maximum occupancy, how many people is that? Do we choose the size of our room, and if we fill it it's $136? If I get 3 of my friends to sign up for AZ, do we get a 4 person condo at $135/per person? What if I come alone?

Greg

Staff member
First off, awesome. Thanks a lot.

Second, when it says maximum occupancy, how many people is that? Do we choose the size of our room, and if we fill it it's $136? If I get 3 of my friends to sign up for AZ, do we get a 4 person condo at $135/per person? What if I come alone?

Questions I already asked. I'll be posting an update soon. I would think if you're solo, you would need to try to hook up with fellow AZers.

Greg

Staff member
Here's the deal. The $136 rate is for maximum occupancy based on the following:

1 bedroom = 4 ppl
2 bedroom = 6 ppl
3 bedroom = 8 ppl
4 bedroom = 10 ppl
5 bedroom = 12 ppl

So if you're a family of four and rent a 1 BR, you'll get the $136 pp rate. If it's only 2 of you in a 1 BR, the price will be higher, but it was recommended to simply call 800.THE.LOAF, mention this is for the "AlpineZone Summit", tell them your situation and they will tailor the rate based on your particular situation. But again, if you want the $136 pp rate, you have to fill a unit. Each person in your group doesn't have to be an AZ member to get in on the lodging deal, but access to the parties and the free Sunday lift ticket will require proof of membership (we'll be following up on that one.)

Pass Holders: mention that you're a pass holder when you call and they will work out a lodging only discount.

gmcunni

AlpineZone Summit
March 26-28, 20

Package Includes:
  • Two Nights of Lodging

if you are local or have alternate lodging accommodations are AZ'ers still eligible for the parties + sunday ski benefits?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Did they block off a limited number of rooms, or are they going to try to accomodate as many AZers as possible?

Basically, should I reserve early even if people in my party are uncertain, or should I wait until everybody confirms?

ethan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Hi all,

I'm the Communications Manager for Sugarloaf so feel free to shoot any questions about the AZ Summit or the mountain in general my way. We're pumped to see so much interest in this already...

if you are local or have alternate lodging accommodations are AZ'ers still eligible for the parties + sunday ski benefits?

As long as you're an active AZ member you're welcome to all of the apres events and eligible for the free Sunday lift ticket and first tracks. (first tracks is limited to the first 75 to sign up).

Did they block off a limited number of rooms, or are they going to try to accomodate as many AZers as possible?

The more the merrier! We didn't limit the number of rooms for the Summit, but it's not unheard of for our lodging to fill up on a good March weekend. If possible I'd recommend booking early, but it's not a necessity.

Greg

Staff member
I've only been to the Loaf a few times and the condos I've been in had rooms with either a queen or two twin beds. The couches might pull out.

Vortex

Hi all,

I'm the Communications Manager for Sugarloaf so feel free to shoot any questions about the AZ Summit or the mountain in general my way. We're pumped to see so much interest in this already...

As long as you're an active AZ member you're welcome to all of the apres events and eligible for the free Sunday lift ticket and first tracks. (first tracks is limited to the first 75 to sign up).

The more the merrier! We didn't limit the number of rooms for the Summit, but it's not unheard of for our lodging to fill up on a good March weekend. If possible I'd recommend booking early, but it's not a necessity.

Welcome, your voice is heard in a few other places and your involvement via this media form is apprecaited.

wa-loaf

Bah! Leave 'em home and come have a good time! That's what I'm trying to do! ;)

(Just kidding, Jens. I'm sure we'd all love to meet your munchkins!)

I was going to, but some friends might come and bring their kids. It's early, we'll see.