• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

ethan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Any specials if we bring kids along?

If the kids are 13+ and registered w/ AlpineZone then they're eligible for all of the AZ Summit benefits, and if they're 5 and under they ski for free.

Other than that regular ski and stay package rates will apply. Mention you're part of the AlpineZone Summit and our call center agents will be able to work with you on a price.

bigbog

if you are local or have alternate lodging accommodations are AZ'ers still eligible for the parties + sunday ski benefits?

Same here gmcunni/Greg. The weekend lift tickets + parties...whatever this(a little off Sat's liftticket?) comes out to be.
Will just be sacking out elsewhere.

SteveD

roark

Definition of max occupancy is pretty weak. That said, I'll happily sleep on the floor if it saves a reasonable sum.

I'm likely in. If folks want to start booking I could probably be convinced to to commit. Obviously prefer those I already know.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Holy crap, that is a good deal. I am ready to throw down a commitment with booking and payment but I am flying solo. Any one else want to share a room?

Just to show you how exciting this whole thing is, I have never booked a room in advanced for skiing. Ever.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I've only been to the Loaf a few times and the condos I've been in had rooms with either a queen or two twin beds. The couches might pull out.
Hold a sec on that one... if One Bedroom is four people max occupancy and each "room" only has one queen or two twins, they are overbooking the rooms by two people. Standard hotel arrangement is two queens which is enough for four people. I don't mind sleeping on the floor for that price, but it seems odd they would over book the rooms like that?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hold a sec on that one... if One Bedroom is four people max occupancy and each "room" only has one queen or two twins, they are overbooking the rooms by two people. Standard hotel arrangement is two queens which is enough for four people. I don't mind sleeping on the floor for that price, but it seems odd they would over book the rooms like that?
Since they're condos, maybe the couch pulls out, too? That would add 2 more bodies if it's a full-queen pull-out.

roark

Definition of max occupancy is pretty weak.

Yeah, exactly. Not such a great deal if you value your own bed and not sleeping on the floor.

ETA or maybe condos have pull outs/more space - I was thinking std hotel room. need more details

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Yeah, exactly. Not such a great deal if you value your own bed and not sleeping on the floor.

It's a 1 bed condo, not 1 hotel room, so I'm going to assume there is a fold out couch. Prob more options like bunks and things in the bigger condos.

Greg

Staff member
Yeah - we're talking condos here folks. So a 1 BR sleeps two with 2 more on the couches which I guess must pull out. I'm sure Ethan will follow up.

ethan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
For a 1 bedroom condo, max occupancy is based on two people in the bedroom and two on a sleeper sofa. In general the condos are fairly spacious.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Holy crap, that is a good deal. I am ready to throw down a commitment with booking and payment but I am flying solo. Any one else want to share a room?

Just to show you how exciting this whole thing is, I have never booked a room in advanced for skiing. Ever.

Still looking for guys to hook up with for this trip to share a condo.

wa-loaf

Still looking for guys to hook up with for this trip to share a condo.

I'm trying to get some folks from my ski team to come-up. Depending on how that goes, there may be room for another or I may be looking to hook-up with another crew. It's a little early to get folks to commit right now, but December might see some things start moving along.

WJenness

I'm trying to get some folks from my ski team to come-up. Depending on how that goes, there may be room for another or I may be looking to hook-up with another crew. It's a little early to get folks to commit right now, but December might see some things start moving along.

I'm also trying to grease the wheels on this one...

I am 100% in.

My gf may come.

My buddy who has a place at SR may come as well.

So I need to figure out how many people are in my 'crew' before I can solidify plans, but I'm trying.

-w

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
So far I've got commitments from 2 out of my 5 possible guests, with 2 more "definitely interested".

I'd tell them to join AZ, but they wouldn't be able to sign on anyway.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Should be in for Sunday. Who wants to join me for a day trip?

Hey moran, didn't they teach you to read in the City of Sin? Gotta pick up the pass for Sunday on Saturday night. Stop being such a cheap skate. I'll even let you sleep in the same bed with Justin.

Edd

sounds like a cool event...good job Greg. I'll try to make it up for a day if I'm around. Gonna be tough to get seeded bumps on Misery Whip though...
Maybe team Newmarket NH can carpool...Edd, DHS and myself.

Just noticed this. Definitely a possibility. I don't know if I have that weekend off or not but I'll go if I'm off.

ECP, you have a pass, right? I do. I wonder if passholders should try to group up to make pricing less complicated. I'm in the "my own bed" camp though, and frankly I wouldn't mind paying typical lodging prices, enjoying other benefits, and skiing with some folks that love it as much as I do.

kcyanks1

I don't pay enough attention to the Trips & Events Forum, at least this time of year. Just tried to click the link on the first post for details, and it seems that the page is down. I definitely hope to go to this, but end of March is so far away. I'm still thinking about planning a ski trip for end of December, forget about fixed plans for end of March! More relevant, though, I'm also thinking of planning a week vacation out west in March and it was possibly going to be the week leading up to that weekend. Basically, I'm going to be swamped at work for January and February and am afraid I won't get to ski much, so I'm trying to schedule week-long trips on either side of that time. So I'll probably have to put any commitments on hold for this even, but if I don't go away, I'll do my best to come. Will it be too late to make a decision in late February? I might not even have my other plans set till then. January-Feburary is going to be completely crazy at work